Author Topic: The Apes Are Rising  (Read 1002 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
The Apes Are Rising
« on: December 18, 2021, 06:28:07 AM »
They have started to get rid of the competition.  Spot is becoming an endangered species.

Here's the link to the article.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/group-of-monkeys-kill-over-250-dogs-for-revenge-in-indian-town/ar-AARVuGV?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Agroup of monkeys in a small town in India took "revenge" on the local dog population this month by throwing them off of the top of tall buildings and trees. It is reported that the monkeys have killed about 250 pups in the process and are now targeting villagers.

The monkeys, located in Majalgaon, India started the rampage after some of the dogs allegedly killed an infant monkey. News18 reported that when the monkeys see a dog approach, they catch them and throw them from a significant height to the ground.

In the neighboring village of Lavool the monkeys have fully eradicated all of the dogs. After all of the dogs were killed in the village, residents contacted forest department officials to catch the monkeys. But when officials attempted to catch the monkeys, they were unable to capture a single monkey.

Villagers believe the monkeys are taking revenge on the dogs, News18 reported. Now, villagers in Lavool are being chased by the monkeys, some have even been attacked.

According to Stephanie Poindexter, an assistant professor at SUNY Buffalo whose research focuses on primate behavioral ecology, said studies have shown that animals—primarily monkeys—can practice revenge.

We've seen that when an individual is attacked in some way, the likelihood of them attacking someone related to their aggressor is higher," Poindexter told Gizmodo. "Typically there's a preference for attacking a third-party associated with the original aggressor, as opposed to the actual aggressor...for the most part, these acts of 'revenge' take place shortly after the attack."

Poindexter also explained that groups of hyenas have been known to seek revenge on the aggressor's relatives instead of the actual aggressor.

After the forest department was unable to capture any of the monkeys, villagers began attempting to rescue the dogs on their own. But some of them have found themselves subject to the monkeys' retaliation, and some have even injured themselves or fallen from buildings, News18 reported.

Villagers reported that now there are barely any dogs left in the area but that the monkeys have not stopped even after a month of attacks. Now, villagers reported that the monkeys are targeting small children which has created a panic within the village.

In Malaysia, a wild monkey captured a puppy and held it hostage at the top of a tree for three days. According to locals in the area, the puppy was about two-weeks-old when the macaque kidnapped it.

Macaques are notorious for being extremely intelligent but also sneaky. Some locals have seen the monkeys raiding their pantries, snatching clothes and going through fridges. Due to the growing number of complaints, Malaysia's Department of Wildlife and National Parks began culling thousands of macaques a year.

But many believed the monkey was not trying to hurt the puppy, but rather care for it as its own.

"It looked like it was treating the puppy as a friend or its baby, it was very strange," Cherry Lew Yee Lee, a bystander, told Newsflare.

Footage of the incident showed the pup attempting to get out of the monkey's grip, but it was unsuccessful. Eventually, residents were able to scare the monkey into dropping the puppy into the greenery below.

Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
Re: The Apes Are Rising
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 07:44:23 AM »
I think it was Abe Lincoln who said, "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 09:05:32 AM »
I thought there was no politics allowed on these boards!   :devil

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 05:26:29 AM »
I owned a tap dancing monkey and a gay dog called Ben  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 08:44:02 AM »
if only the villagers had something to defend their puppies with...
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 11:18:28 AM »
Antipaw are monkeys not apes.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 12:18:47 PM »
One thing I remember from a documentary.  When a chimp reaches 7 years of age, they are strong enough to kill a man with a single punch or clobber.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 06:11:38 AM »
They are after the Royal Navy as well.

They have the land and sea down.  All that left is the air.  SEAL Team Banana will be looking for you.  :banana:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2021, 01:28:39 PM »
Ever see The Wizard of Oz?

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2021, 11:02:02 AM »
I think we're good. I mean, as long as ape never kills ape.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2021, 01:37:45 PM »
That rule gets broken on a daily basis in the USA
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women