Author Topic: Mod abuse?  (Read 7695 times)

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
Re: Mod abuse?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2022, 06:16:43 PM »
So....popcorn or no ?

Yeah, get the popcorn.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline nopoop1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2022, 07:18:39 PM »
Kay. Only have so many lawn chairs so it's first come first serve..
Coming out of retirement Blue Knight

nopoop

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2022, 07:44:47 PM »
Not misleading as he asked a question. Unfortunately the answer is NO it wasn't.  :frown:

Just my opinion though.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2022, 10:34:23 AM »
INteresting..... I am starting to see a pattern here. I think I see your problem with Mods.  :D

I don't have a problem with mods... I'm probably one of the youngest in the game and still see ACM and Dogfighting as a dance, a competition of raw skill. There just aren't many players like that left, it seems. I'll fly ten minutes just to ditch if there's no fight, while others will run for 5 sectors just to not have a "Virtual" death. Point being, I talk a LOT of crap, and I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong or when I messed up, like drunk dialing HTC at 2 am life I've done in the past (lol) And I don't claim to be good.. I'm not that great, problem is the majority of current pilots would never leave 25k or their pack of 4 to find out. Or worse, vulch someone who clearly has no interest in downing the bombers of the base you're trying to take...

I would just really think of all the issues we tackle trying to keep the gem alive, what I can and can't say without breaking rules in front of a mod shouldn't be a concern at this state of the game.
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2022, 10:55:10 AM »
 :rock
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 11:27:09 AM by Blinky »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2022, 11:10:29 AM »
Good move, Blinky!

Have a great day

TC
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 11:35:09 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2022, 12:05:33 PM »
So....popcorn or no ?

Doesn't rate...  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2022, 02:52:44 PM »
I don't have a problem with mods ... I talk a LOT of crap.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2022, 03:07:44 PM »
Since the devil needs an advocate here:

Seems like many commenting have either never witnessed someone abuse their power (inconceivable to me btw) or you think it’s fair to give different punishments to different people for the same actions 

:headscratch:

Mods are players playing a game. They aren't lawyers studying a timeline of events. They will not be perfect. People who can't even restrain themselves expect mods to be flawless. It's ludicrous.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2022, 03:13:37 PM »
« Reply #37 on: Today at 02:52:44 PM »
Quote from: Blinky on Today at 10:34:23 AM
I don't have a problem with mods ... I talk a LOT of crap.

(Image removed from quote.)

Arlo,
He does? You inserted the bold red part into his post and thus are intentionally keeping the pot stirred.

I’m trying to understand why and where you got your info to back up altering what he said.

Prior to his recent December posts, he hadn’t posted in a year.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 03:19:08 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2022, 03:20:28 PM »
You inserted the bold red part into his post
No, he didn't.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2022, 03:24:45 PM »
No, he didn't.

Ahh I see it now. Thank you. I stand corrected.

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2022, 03:32:34 PM »
Whew.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2022, 04:40:48 PM »
I don't have a problem with mods... I'm probably one of the youngest in the game and still see ACM and Dogfighting as a dance, a competition of raw skill. There just aren't many players like that left, it seems. I'll fly ten minutes just to ditch if there's no fight, while others will run for 5 sectors just to not have a "Virtual" death. Point being, I talk a LOT of crap, and I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong or when I messed up, like drunk dialing HTC at 2 am life I've done in the past (lol) And I don't claim to be good.. I'm not that great, problem is the majority of current pilots would never leave 25k or their pack of 4 to find out. Or worse, vulch someone who clearly has no interest in downing the bombers of the base you're trying to take...

I would just really think of all the issues we tackle trying to keep the gem alive, what I can and can't say without breaking rules in front of a mod shouldn't be a concern at this state of the game.

With no rules the game would not exist. Start with the basics and go from there.

I have not been flying in awhile. I know how you feel about going to an area where you saw some planes and they all disappear. That or two are there and neither will fight. I am not here because the freeze last year caved in my office. Damaged some of my gear. Had my office rebuilt, have not replaced my flying gear. Still thinking about it and paying my $15 a month...... lol you'd think HiTech would come mow my yard or something.   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2022, 07:44:13 PM »
With no rules the game would not exist. Start with the basics and go from there.

I have not been flying in awhile. I know how you feel about going to an area where you saw some planes and they all disappear. That or two are there and neither will fight. I am not here because the freeze last year caved in my office. Damaged some of my gear. Had my office rebuilt, have not replaced my flying gear. Still thinking about it and paying my $15 a month...... lol you'd think HiTech would come mow my yard or something.   :rofl

I know what you mean.. Luck you're with us though, and hopefully it wasn't a complete loss!
And I mean, people pay the say 15 / month I do, and can play how they want. But I also pay 15/ month to complain about it!  :cheers: