Author Topic: Voice Attack  (Read 712 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Voice Attack
« on: December 09, 2021, 09:25:28 AM »
When first turning the PC on, VA is opened and tested for proper operation. After awhile in game, VA stops working, and when keying up the mic, there’s the “Puma44” highlight but no voice over range or channel.  So, I go to desktop and see a red microphone in the upper right corner of the voice attack window.  When the cursor is placed over the icon, it displays a “mic is muted” message.  The mic on my headset isn’t muted but, the program has changed to this state for some unknown reason. Can’t figure out how to change the voice attack back to a usable state.  So, voice attack is turned off, I go back into the game, and all is well.

Any ideas?  Thanks!  :salute
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 10:04:26 AM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Voice Attack
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 10:24:37 AM »
I have odd crap happen to my sound devices usually after an Oculus update. It scrambles them for whatever reason and I've had to go in and reset them in things like Voicemeeter, Voice Attack and OBS. What's annoying about it is the first inkling it's happened is like what you're seeing--it just doesn't work out of nowhere. And you're already up and logged in when you find out. That and it doesn't do it every time!
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 03:59:17 AM »
 :azn:Have same issue! "Six   Six   Twenty Six"...salvo 6:.05 delay.  One    One    ONE...Pickled both bombs!!!   Sorry about your wirb, Puma :aok   I find that i need to hold my head, to the right? I am using Challenge's Sound Pack, and engine noise cuts out when looking Right. I set my Mic volume..in windows LOW LOW....it is still adjustable in game. Seems VA or Windows Speech to Text doesnt like a mic, that is efficient? Rift Mic, hears EVERYTHING..including TV
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 10:30:27 AM »
I’ve determined that when using VA and my mic goes dead, shutting down VA restores my mic to normal operation.  A thorough review of the VA settings shows all the mic, headphone, etc settings with my wireless headset as default.  The mystery continues…… :bolt:

All gave some, Some gave all