Author Topic: Interesting little glitch when going to F6 bombsight  (Read 795 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Interesting little glitch when going to F6 bombsight
« on: February 15, 2022, 08:56:45 PM »
New computer and a fresh install of the game.  First time in a bomber with bombsight and when I goto F6 bombsight to begin the calibration process, I noticed my speed dropping due to the number two engine spooling down to idle.  When I hit F1, the number two engine overspeeds then settles in.  Very odd.  I tried my usual fault isolation regime but couldn't fine any obvious issues to fix.

Any suggestions appreciated.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Interesting little glitch when going to F6 bombsight
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 07:36:28 AM »
Get out of a bomber and into a little red plane :)

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 08:22:19 AM »
New computer and a fresh install of the game.  First time in a bomber with bombsight and when I goto F6 bombsight to begin the calibration process, I noticed my speed dropping due to the number two engine spooling down to idle.  When I hit F1, the number two engine overspeeds then settles in.  Very odd.  I tried my usual fault isolation regime but couldn't fine any obvious issues to fix.

Any suggestions appreciated.

This sounds like a controls mapping issue to me.  The Bombardier/gunner position has its own controllers mapping profile; you may have conflicting assignments within the profile?

For example, when I open bay doors from pilot position and then switch to bombardier position, the doors close automatically because of a button setting I had.   

I don't know if you're using VR, but that adds another complete set of controller profiles, only for VR.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 09:52:30 AM »
This happens every time I try a new install. As oboe said, check your controller mappings. There's something mapped to RPM or throttle in that control mode that's causing it.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 03:05:18 AM »
This sounds like a controls mapping issue to me.  The Bombardier/gunner position has its own controllers mapping profile; you may have conflicting assignments within the profile?

For example, when I open bay doors from pilot position and then switch to bombardier position, the doors close automatically because of a button setting I had.   

I don't know if you're using VR, but that adds another complete set of controller profiles, only for VR.
THIS!!!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 07:12:53 PM »
Thanks all.  I still had my AV8R stick plugged in and it was interfering with the X56.  Unplugged the old stick and all is whole. 

Thanks again  :joystick:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 05:31:38 AM »
Thanks all.  I still had my AV8R stick plugged in and it was interfering with the X56.  Unplugged the old stick and all is whole. 

Thanks again  :joystick:
Dang it "Meow"  :rofl  Miss ya, brother   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain