Author Topic: How do you guys run your squads?  (Read 2865 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: How do you guys run your squads?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2022, 10:25:53 AM »
It's the guys that complain and order things that I just ignore.
  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2022, 10:35:36 AM »
That's funny.

there's always one guy like that. haha.  I just kind of keep quiet.

The other day I was up in my pony over an enemy base with some action. There was some guy on vox berating others because he wanted to capture the base. 'do you guys not know what you're doing???' and other things like that.

I wanted to say, 'yeah... I've got like two hours to play and I just want to shoot at some planes'..

I mean, not everyone has a mission. I'll help when I can - and I love interacting with other people on vox. but I'm just usually wanting to do what I want to do for a couple of hours.

If there's some kind of fight going on - that's all I really care about.

:)

When that type of “air boss” is yapping, it’s usually time to move to another base and let him/her play by themselves.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2022, 12:23:04 PM »
There is no running the Pigs On The Wing, rather I am lucky to be part of this great group of friends for over 17 years. It is all about fun, the organization comes from flying and dying together for such a long period of time. OINK

I remember when I joined the pigs, waystin would make me run 5 miles in the snow up hill with nothing but boots and a leather flight jacket.  that was just to warm up  :cheers: :cheers:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nopoop1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2022, 01:13:42 PM »
Anyone remember Bobn the bomber God over at WB. We had a blast hunting his bomber groups
Coming out of retirement Blue Knight

nopoop

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2022, 05:58:27 PM »
just wanted to add that if someone ASKES me to do something, I almost always do it. It's the guys that complain and order things that I just ignore.

With me it's "Can you take out the ack at the town at XX?"  I have no idea, but if I'm not already up doing else, I'll say, "I can try."  I don't think a lot of people realize that I've only been in AH since October.  Half the time when I get a B24 into the air I go, "How about THAT?"
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2022, 04:10:51 AM »
Always had fun with POTW and FreeBirds and their missions. It was even better when they worked together. It often wasn’t hording either as there were enough players to mount good defense.

Ahh the old days.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2022, 10:56:33 AM »
JG54 with an IRON FIST! LOL. more like herding cats!

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2022, 01:06:48 PM »
Lol.

Hey, I have an idea!

What if all of the squadron commanding officers get together and make a private form over here and then I could be the leader of that.

So I would be like the supreme Commander and I would keep everybody very strictly in line from that platform.

Does that sound good to everybody? Good okay awesome! Let's make it happen!

🤗
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2022, 04:07:10 PM »
I think I was too laxxed... they all just slipped away... so now I command myself....

and let me tell you....  I have found out I am a very insubordinate bastid

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2022, 04:18:08 PM »
Always had fun with POTW and FreeBirds and their missions. It was even better when they worked together. It often wasn’t hording either as there were enough players to mount good defense.

Ahh the old days.

I used to join in with the FB's when they had a mission back in AH2. It was always a hoot.  One time we drove M-18's and M-3's across one sector of terrain to take an air field up north. It took 20-25 minutes to drive up there.

Total surprise. We captured the base really fast because everyone had an assignment. There were no uppers as we shut down the entire base quickly. The FB's are a great bunch of guys. I am sorry to see many have moved on.

I have not seen Crabby in years. I still see FBBob online from time to time.

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2022, 04:20:32 PM »
Anyone remember Bobn the bomber God over at WB. We had a blast hunting his bomber groups

Bobn was the one guy I could NOT get along with.  He got (whoever) to rig it so that a bomber pilot couldn't jump to a gunner position on level auto pilot.  One night I'm in a B25 and here come Bobn.  So I rolled and dived, jumped to the top turret and blew him out of the sky.  He was extremely mad and accused me of 'gaming the game.'  Alas, I heard Bobn passed away and the powers that be at WBs now assign him as a random drone on bomber missions.

Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2022, 06:49:25 PM »
There is no running the Pigs On The Wing, rather I am lucky to be part of this great group of friends for over 17 years. It is all about fun, the organization comes from flying and dying together for such a long period of time. OINK

17x12x $14.99  = Hopefully you're on hitech's Christmas card list.