Author Topic: Quest 2 - screen suddenly goes black  (Read 654 times)

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Quest 2 - screen suddenly goes black
« on: March 28, 2022, 07:34:43 AM »
Has anyone had an issue where suddenly, the Quest 2 simply stops showing the screen?  I'm still connected as I can hear and speak to others on my external headset, however the Quest is totally dark.

I've unplugged the data cable, battery is still viable at the time (> 50%).  One thing is it always seems to happen after about an hour + of game time.  Reconnecting seems to be a shutdown of AH, Quest, Oculus Link, the whole thing.

I'm guessing that somehow the data stream via the USB3 has stopped but I'm not certain as how to verify and/or fix.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Quest 2 - screen suddenly goes black
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 11:16:07 AM »
Go into the device manager and right click each USB select th power management and be sure it is set to on all the time. Sometimes they will be set for energy saving and turn off.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 01:55:38 PM »
Go into the device manager and right click each USB select th power management and be sure it is set to on all the time. Sometimes they will be set for energy saving and turn off.

Ohhh... great thought!  I will check tonight   :aok

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 07:11:32 AM »
I haven't had a chance to fly yet, but I DID find a USB with a Power save mode which was checked.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure when I'll have time to fully test as it requires a long stretch (like a weekend)  :(

Thanks for the advice!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 07:29:11 AM »
Now that you know what to look for, do the same for HID devices like your game controllers.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 11:15:05 PM »

Great tip! I'm hoping this will solve my issues with the HP Reverb G2. The touch controllers would randomly cut out. Worse, the HMD would be AWOL on reboot in the morning. All but one of my hubs was set to power down under Windows control. Same with half my HID devices. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001