Author Topic: I am positive!  (Read 6095 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: I am positive!
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2022, 02:05:13 PM »
Once a week whether you need it or not has been a joke used on most anyone. Not any certain group.

That being said.... the person who posted it... I never see his posts unless someone quotes him. That is from something quite some time ago.

when I worked at the steel company, once in a while I would ask the planner to get bigger ear plugs because I cleaned my ears and the ear plugs we had didn't fit properly.

and if yeah been hearing the it's Saturday take a shower joke since I was born. we would use it among ourselves.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2022, 02:14:13 PM »
From covid to body odor/personal hygiene..sounds about the right progression ..

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2022, 03:08:17 PM »
when I worked at the steel company, once in a while I would ask the planner to get bigger ear plugs because I cleaned my ears and the ear plugs we had didn't fit properly.

and if yeah been hearing the it's Saturday take a shower joke since I was born. we would use it among ourselves.

semp

:rofl  In the end... if a person can't take it... surely do not dish it out. Many of us like joshing each other in fun.... some are a little meaner at it than others but in the end, it all comes out in the wash.... once a month whether we need it or not.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2022, 03:44:08 PM »
Says the guy that wishes a woman that falls from a chair would of died.

:rofl

Behar and woman should not be in the same sentence.

I believe she either said it or agreed with a guest wishing Trump would die when he had Covid…
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2022, 03:54:59 PM »
:rofl

Behar and woman should not be in the same sentence.

I believe she either said it or agreed with a guest wishing Trump would die when he had Covid…

Behar is racist trash.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2022, 07:00:05 PM »
Behar is racist trash.

Precisely.

Even Wikipedia does not praise her all that much.  :eek:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2022, 08:44:06 AM »
Where did you read that "once a week"? Or the "whether you need it or not"? Americans...  :rolleyes:

Don't listen to Gaylord and the other squeaky old grandma's.  It's merely an old joke.  Like kidding English about their famous lack of dental care.
English and Europeans have a reputation of not taking the twice daily showers that a lot of American's have become addicted to. 
I have an English friend that thinks it's crazy that Americans can take two showers a day.  Even one a day he thinks is not necessary.

The "once a week, whether you need it or not." is just an old phrase that may not translate well to some who is not a native speaker.  Sort of a running cultural joke.

This place has been taken over by old women with menstrual ailments.  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 09:04:30 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2022, 04:54:44 PM »
Don't listen to Gaylord and the other squeaky old grandma's.  It's merely an old joke.  Like kidding English about their famous lack of dental care.
English and Europeans have a reputation of not taking the twice daily showers that a lot of American's have become addicted to. 
I have an English friend that thinks it's crazy that Americans can take two showers a day.  Even one a day he thinks is not necessary.

The "once a week, whether you need it or not." is just an old phrase that may not translate well to some who is not a native speaker.  Sort of a running cultural joke.

This place has been taken over by old women with menstrual ailments.  :rolleyes:

Thank you for that astute analysis Mr. Flagg
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2022, 05:07:39 PM »
Thank you for that astute analysis Mr. Flagg

“He looks like anybody you see on the street. But when he grins, birds fall dead off telephone lines. When he looks at you a certain way, your prostate goes bad and your urine burns. The grass yellows up and dies where he spits. He’s always outside. He came out of time. He doesn’t know himself.”

;)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2022, 02:23:12 AM »
Americans are all fat and greedy :)

And put syrup on steak……savages

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2022, 08:54:02 AM »
Americans are all fat and greedy :)

And put syrup on steak……savages

Northerners are fat and greedy. 
Southerners are just fat.

And at least we have teeth enough to still eat steak and it's not riddled with Mad Cow disease. ;)

Actually I only put salt and pepper and Kerry Gold butter on my steak.  Sometimes a little blue cheese butter when I'm feeling sporty.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2022, 01:04:43 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmm !!! Blue cheese steak with pepper corns !!
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2022, 03:04:05 PM »

Well, there's some truth to it. Bathing in the sauna on Saturdays used to be the norm during winters especially on the countryside, a can of water and a vat beside the bed for washing your eyes in the morning. There often was a large cauldron in the cattle shed as well where you could wipe yourself with warm water after all the milk bails and churns had been washed. In the summertime swimming was one way to take care of personal hygiene in the "Land of a thousand Lakes" - actually over 180000 of them. - There's a favourite song about lumberjacks who turn their shirts inside out on Saturdays when they go to a dance.

I guess it was pretty similar all over the world until the mid 1900's. City people had had showers and plumbing already in Ancient Greece and Ancient Romans continued the tradition but I bet the farmer living a day's walk from the town didn't use such luxuries too often.

Funny that although shower is actually a British invention it's the Americans who have taken taking a shower to another level. Then again, I haven't heard about landslides caused by collapsing groundwater cavities in Europe.

Finally, to show that Americans may also have their blind spots in hygiene: There was this middle-aged couple in an old fancy hotel in Paris, France. The hotel maid showed them all around the suite and the lady was all aah's and ooh's. Finally they came to the bathroom with all luxuries including a bidet bowl. And the lady asks 'Ooh such a pretty tiny tub! Is that for washing babies in?' -'Non, Madame, it is forr washing les bébés out!'
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2022, 03:11:06 PM »
first time I made steak for my wife, she put a1 sauce on it. I got the bottle threw it in the trash. it was an expensive steak. I like rubs that enhance the taste not replace it.

we going to my mother in laws house in a bit not taking a shower it's not Saturday.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2022, 03:23:25 PM »
There's a favourite song about lumberjacks who turn their shirts inside out on Saturdays when they go to a dance.

here we can use underwear 4 days in a row.  first day,  normal way,  second day turn it around,  3rd day put it inside out,  4th day turn it around. 

semp