Author Topic: water isuses  (Read 560 times)

Offline vgazoo

• Zinc Member
water isuses
« on: March 04, 2022, 08:55:14 PM »
just got a new graphics card and am experiencing the water flickering. anything I can do to stop this?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: water isuses
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 01:14:29 AM »
Open the Clipboard> Graphic Details. There's a bunch of check box to disable things. Try them one at a time, starting from the obvious looking ones. There's also settings that aren't "natural" like Lens Bloom. Those are actually meant for making AH films as they add the camera effect. So they usually can and should be disabled until you're making a video.

As you didn't tell what your new card is or other details of your system it's impossible to tell whether the culprit is the game or your system. A DxDiag output as an attached .txt file would help if the above doesn't.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline vgazoo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 10:31:50 AM »
Thanks for your reply and am heeding the advice given. I did find the problem is in my system, as I have over clocked my graphics card beyond its capablity/  I have a gtx1650. I am now able to eliminate the water artifacts by tuning the card down to more acceptable parameters. all is well now.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 02:37:44 PM »
Good to hear all is well!  :aok
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni