Author Topic: Quest 2 Help needed  (Read 513 times)

Offline Audi

• Zinc Member
Quest 2 Help needed
« on: February 24, 2022, 12:24:27 PM »
Hello, I have been using an oculus quest 2 for about 2 weeks with no issues. i was able to map the oculus controllers and my joystick with no issues. I could switch between VR and the screen with no control issues. yesterday my throttle stopped working on my flight stick so i went into the settings and couldn't see anything wrong. After changing nothing the throttle started to work again but i lost all stick inputs. If i loaded the game and didn't select the oculus the joystick worked fine but would not work with the oculus. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. reset a devices multiple times. Now the stick works again but anytime i switch between the headset and screen i loose all control mapping. when i put the headset down it will initially let me map the oculus but then it disappears from the settings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Quest 2 Help needed
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 03:50:35 PM »
Not a lot to go on but here goes. I suspect you already know most of this anyway, but are new to VR.

First things first. To prevent this in the future, once your controllers are properly mapped in VR, open your settings folder, find the proper VR_[controller name].jsm, pull up the Properties dialog and mark the file as read only. Then make a copy of the locked file as a backup. Do the same for your 2D monitor [controller name].jsm version as well because sometimes it’s more convenient not to be using VR.

Assuming you have enough time free of distractions, and the patience, I recommend going offline to make any controller mapping adjustments. You said, “when I put the headset down it will initially let me map the oculus but…”

Yeah, no. That won’t work. Switching back and forth like that appears to leave AH in an unpredictable state. Map your controllers for VR with the headset on, or at least fool AH into thinking it’s on by covering the sensor before you remove it. Map for all 4 modes. Remember that when you select mode 2 through 4, the “Copy Mode 1” button becomes an active time saver. For VR, I recommend setting the Auto Select Mode ON. Otherwise, every time you switch to a GV etc. you’ll be in fighter mode 1. AH does not save your last mode for the next sortie. If this auto mode switch is on and you haven’t mapped all your buttons properly, well that could explain what you describe right there.

Before you exit AH, Ctrl+Alt+Tab out and check that the jsm file has the current date and time. Open it with Notepad and inspect the entries for missing data. If the text reflects the changes you’ve made, close it and follow the read only and backup advice.

You might be tempted to rename a copy of your 2D jsm file to the VR file name. You can’t depend upon this working because the first two lines in the files may not match. It appears AH keeps a hidden record of these first two lines and will overwrite the entire file if they don’t match expected values.

I hope I've anticipated correctly what your issue is and you find this helpful.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 03:52:41 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Quest 2 Help needed
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 03:54:54 AM »
ULDieter and Myself, had issues with Carrier Take-Offs!  Boat was Just ABOUT straightened out. Rudder Pedals didnt cancel Auto Take Off? After Inevitable Crash off the Deck....it worked the next Sortie? 'CH' controllers?  Those have been a problem, with My Niece. Yesterday...not a single issue?  It was a freaky thing?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain