Author Topic: OMG! VR is fantastic!  (Read 3641 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: OMG! VR is fantastic!
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2022, 08:38:55 PM »
To be honest people playing in VR in aces are spoiled with the ability to look behind and straight up without moving the head. Kind of a crutch.

IMO It's a great improvement over il2 and dcs which doesn't provide that ability and is different even for trackir

At least every player has identical viewing options in ah

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2022, 01:37:45 AM »
IMO It's a great improvement over il2 and dcs which doesn't provide that ability and is different even for trackir

At least every player has identical viewing options in ah

Eagler

Check your PMs brother!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2022, 05:16:56 AM »
Check your PMs brother!
I know what you know//do da lolI think :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline BuzzLightyear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2022, 04:36:42 PM »
Ant tips or advice on handling the rear views?  I've got the Hat set to give me a backwards peak, but finding that I'm having a heck of a time tracking tracking a bogey.  See him in my rearview, then as I pull into him and have to switch to the up view, as soon as I let off the hat, my view snaps to forward.  Pretty disorienting.  Probably just a practice practice practice thing, but if you have any tips, would love to hear them.

Im the odd duck in the bunch Pfactor, I dont use any look back at all other than my head and spatial awareness. A good snap to center is F10 and it also saves your head pos.
In main menu prior to going online click video settings and set your max textures to the max and set your field of view to 115 degrees then do that again online in Options, preferences, view options.
One last tip that is often overlooked is your IPD settings. set that in your VR headset settings.. if you dont know your IPD you can download an eye measure app on your phone to measure your ipd.. bad ipd can make you crosseyed.

Good luck and if ur a knight hit me up and ill share any wisdom i can with you. Im using Oculus Rift S for 3 years now and fly with touch controllers instead of my hotas now.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2022, 05:42:32 PM »
FoV setting has no impact on VR.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2022, 11:28:25 PM »
Oh yes...  You should play with this.  Just did this in the TA...  Feels much more natural.  In fact, I have removed the back view from my mapping completely.  The Left/Right or the LeftBack/RightBack views feel much much better.

I finally tried this and I have to say, I agree completely.   Using two hat switch buttons for Look Left/Look Right in combination with turning my head maybe 45 degrees gives me all the rearward view I need and it doesn't suffer from the left/right reversal that happens when using the 'Look Back' function.  Much more natural.  I've removed 'Look Back' from my controller mapping.

So now I I'm just using a 4-way hat switch - FWD-Look Front Up, RIGHT-Look Right, BACK-Look Up, and LEFT-Look Left.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2022, 07:07:37 AM »
I use all the views when in vr on the hat switch

Up view is a hold button on the throttle

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2022, 10:00:40 PM »
I use all the views when in vr on the hat switch

Up view is a hold button on the throttle

Eagler

ya eagler when I get back I want to talk to you :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute