Author Topic: Former Su-27 Flanker Display Pilot Col. Oksanchenko Shot Down Near Kyiv  (Read 602 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
https://theaviationist.com/2022/03/01/col-oksanchenko-shot-down/

Sad, as all this terrible situation. However it seems Ukrainian Air Force is still fighting back and not sitting on the ground.

Maybe UA's air-to-air victories are at least partially real.

Of course, Air-Defence are still seems to be strong (since it requires extremely well trained airforce to defeat even soviet era equipment)
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Well said Artik.

Hope you are doing well and want to wish you the best sir. Still using your program on a fairly regular basis, it never stops surprising me.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member

Floating around in post-stall falling leaf maneuvers at low speed doesn't help in a real battle.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Floating around in post-stall falling leaf maneuvers at low speed doesn't help in a real battle.

So very true.  Akin to being a hot air balloon type target.  “Speed is life”.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
guy came out of the retirement to fly what really amounts to kamikaze mission. Entire country is more or less in range of S300 and S400s, Su27 he flew is inferior to enemy fighters, including weapons. On ground based radar he can rely on. I'm sure he was smart enough to know he ain't coming back. Yet he still went.

Legend.

Fair skies sir.  :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
They did not know what aircraft he was in when shot down..... from what I read.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)