Author Topic: What I need  (Read 864 times)

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
What I need
« on: March 17, 2022, 07:52:12 PM »
Is a way to set my joystick/controller on one setting for flight and on another setting for gvs.  I know it can be done, I just don't know how to do it.

What I have is this: 

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Flight-T-Flight-Serie-Windows-x/dp/B09DH7MXYW/ref=sr_1_8?crid=12POCSLGY2U8L&keywords=thrustmaster+flight+controller&qid=1647564690&sprefix=thrustmaster+flight+controller%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-8

Any help?
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: What I need
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 08:06:56 PM »
There are 4 modes in the clipboard controller setup. Mode 1 is default. Mode 2 is vehicles. Copy mode 1 to mode 2 then change whatever else in mode 2 you want to change for vehicles.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 08:00:12 AM »
Thanks.  I'll give that a shot. 
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 10:36:34 AM »
Once setup be sure to switch to mode 2 when in a gv either by programming a button for it or turn on the "auto switch" feature.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 03:36:41 PM »
Once setup be sure to switch to mode 2 when in a gv either by programming a button for it or turn on the "auto switch" feature.

Got that.  I was able to copy stick 1 to stick 2 and set it so that the game picks my stick based on the ride.  Also got my ptt button for the vox channel configured, and the button I use to toggle primary and secondary weapons.

No, if we could just do something about the dang trees.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 04:40:43 PM »
Got that.  I was able to copy stick 1 to stick 2 and set it so that the game picks my stick based on the ride.  Also got my ptt button for the vox channel configured, and the button I use to toggle primary and secondary weapons.

No, if we could just do something about the dang trees.

Decoy, don't feel bad, I find trees all the time in a plane or a gv.  :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 07:39:49 PM »
Decoy, don't feel bad, I find trees all the time in a plane or a gv.  :D

It's a real pain on takeoff, too.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 09:29:12 PM »
There is a tree at the end of the dirt strip at the small air bases, it is part of the base and can not be removed, but will get me every time almost in a fully loaded Jug lol.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2022, 01:37:02 AM »
There is a tree at the end of the dirt strip at the small air bases, it is part of the base and can not be removed, but will get me every time almost in a fully loaded Jug lol.
YES!!!! DIRT Strip...Taxi to the Metal runway...Problem solved...unless you are Lifting B-29s....VERY Tree sensitive.  Choose your Field, wisely? FU GROOT  :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain