Author Topic: mouse  (Read 689 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
mouse
« on: April 05, 2022, 07:44:52 AM »
I am having a problem with my mouse. It jumps from a pointer to a hand and then when I try to click on something it looks like a large capital I any suggestions. :airplane: :airplane: :airplane:
AkCaine

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: mouse
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 08:57:13 AM »
Is it doing it in the game or all over Windows?

Anyhow, trick #1 to try is to do the Capital Shutdown for Windows by keeping the Shift button down while clicking Shutdown. Then start normally. That should fix glitches related either to Sleep Mode or Fast Startup.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 01:19:02 PM »
Thank you
AkCaine

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 10:50:31 AM »
I am having a problem with my mouse. It jumps from a pointer to a hand and then when I try to click on something it looks like a large capital I any suggestions. :airplane: :airplane: :airplane:

the problem still exists but seems worse when on the BB it is most noticeable when trying to select a page number
AkCaine

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 06:39:34 AM »

the problem still exists but seems worse when on the BB it is most noticeable when trying to select a page number
Thanks for the explanation, guess I now know what you're talking about.

So... On the BB the cursor looks like a capital I in text fields, both in ones you can type and the other ones like between the page numbers. And for clickable items it is a pointing finger. And in blank fields it's the normal arrow.

If you're having trouble keeping the finger in the right place when trying to click something small like a page number, I can think of two possible reasons: Either your screen/browser has a very tight resolution, making everything very small. Or your mouse speed is too high for you to handle.

For zooming in in your browser simply keep the Ctrl button down and press + until you're happy with the size. Pressing Ctrl and - will obviously zoom out and Ctrl 0 will reset the scaling to 100%. If the same happens everywhere within Windows, you can go to Settings>System>Display and set the scaling higher. On a small 4k screen 150 or even 200% is fully normal! For setting the basic mouse speed go to Settings>Devices>Mouse and set the slider to where you think it's controllable. Note that some mice also have speed buttons on top of them, set the slider with the buttons at the speed you'd use for daily duties. Games may require both slower and faster settings.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni