Author Topic: Film viewer won't excute  (Read 619 times)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Film viewer won't excute
« on: April 19, 2022, 12:53:37 PM »
I've reloaded the latest version twice, still can't get film viewer to work.  Get an error saying the film viewer can't find fmodstudio.dll, which is sitting there in the root directory.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Film viewer won't excute
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 12:44:36 PM »
I've reloaded the latest version twice, still can't get film viewer to work.  Get an error saying the film viewer can't find fmodstudio.dll, which is sitting there in the root directory.

Just tried mine to see if it would work.  It started fine.  I'm using version 3.06 Patch 4 (DX-11)
That is odd that it won't start for you.  Hopefully Bizman will pop in on this one.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 01:08:07 PM »
You called, sir?

Well, I've got no big ideas. Works for me as well, both from the Start Menu and by double clicking a film.

If the issue is Windows related, I'd start with my fav trick: Keep the Shift button pressed while clicking Shutdown for Windows.
If that doesn't work, I'd run "sfc /scannow" without quotes in either the Command Prompt or Power Shell, both as an administrator.
If that finds problems it can't fix, well, there's ways.

Also, did you reboot your computer after each reload?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 02:34:59 PM »
I figured it out.  For some reason the film viewer was getting installed in a subdirectory of the Aches High III folder tree.  Once I moved it over it worked.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 12:59:41 AM »
Glad you got it sorted.

In theory the Ahfilm.exe shouldn't install elsewhere than the main folder unless a) Hitech has accidentally moved it in which case it should affect more players, or b) you've accidentally moved it. In the former case an update should have fixed it, in the latter installing over the existing files may not return mislocated files of certain types. As an example of that my system "knows" that AH is on my E:\ drive instead of C:\.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni