Author Topic: Saitek X52  (Read 555 times)

Offline Cjpedrido

• Zinc Member
Saitek X52
« on: April 27, 2022, 07:49:14 PM »
Hello!

Did a fresh game install. The Saitek X52 Joystick & Throttle are failing to respond correctly.

Here are the symptoms:
1.  With throttle engaged aircraft pulls sharply to the left and runs off the runway.
2.  Ailerons are barely moving. Aircraft pulls sharply to the left and downwards on rotation.

Have tried the combined joystick/rudder/throttle recalibration. This produced the issues as above.
Have tried recalibrating each item individually item Throttle, X-axis, Y-axis, Elevator all unsuccessful.

There is a remote possibility my X52 could be the problem and perhaps it is time to be replaced. I vaguely recall years ago similar issues with another x52 and the x-axis. Replaced the unit resolved that.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

vSKYDIVE

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Saitek X52
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 09:22:13 PM »
Have you checked the Controller Properties in Windows Control Panel, just to make sure all of the Axis are working properly?

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 01:22:45 AM »
What Coogan says, and

have you checked in the AH Options/Preferences/Map Controllers/Advanced that the axii in question actually move? And have you double checked your mapping? There's some options that look confusingly similar. Don't ask how I know...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 07:03:09 AM »
Open windows controller window where you would calibrate and leave it open then start aces high

Had to do that when I used a x52 or ah didn't recognize the functions

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Cjpedrido

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 10:37:00 AM »
Thank you, Gentlemen. Will give it all a try.