Author Topic: It finally happened  (Read 2498 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: It finally happened
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2022, 07:38:11 PM »
Meanwhile, the Elite Ukrainian Farm Tractor Attack Squadron has leapt into action.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2022, 08:52:43 PM »
Of course they find that regrettable but not immediately doable for some EU countries, especially those not wanting to accompany Russia to its impending semi-permanent relocation to the 1950s.

I understand it takes awhile to adjust supply chain management for EU and commodities purchased from Russia can not just be cancelled overnight. 

However, the threat from Russia to the Ukraine has been imminent for much longer than most media like to acknowledge. Early 2014 is when the invaded and annexed Crimea, Russia has been eyeing the rest of the nation ever since.

Collectively it’s all too Chamberlain-esque. The US and many of our companies are not all that innocent either, yet.

This is just one example of how fast things can change when they really need to (which beg the questions about how long it’s taking to embargo Russian products):
 “We knew that to play our part helping combat coronavirus, we had to go like hell and join forces with experts like 3M to expand production of urgently needed medical equipment and supplies, said Jim Baumbick, vice president, Ford Enterprise Product Line Management. “In just three weeks under Project Apollo, we’ve unleashed our world-class manufacturing, purchasing and design talent to get scrappy and start making personal protection equipment and help increase the availability and production of ventilators.” - Ford Motors
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2022, 10:06:43 PM »
I understand it takes awhile to adjust supply chain management for EU and commodities purchased from Russia can not just be cancelled overnight. 

I gathered from our (European) media that Germany would have to (and is now) revising its whole energy policy while trying to minimise its own economic-damage. Not sure there is an alternate supplier is there? Russian Fed suddenly demanded they had to be paid in Roubles and the Germans said no. Maybe Lusche has a more accurate insight. The Batic states apparently just turned the valves off and decided to have salad all season. Goon on 'em.

However, the threat from Russia to the Ukraine has been imminent for much longer than most media like to acknowledge.

Same here although I was very busy then & not paying attention. Perhaps because it was all previously USSR it was sort of viewed as their business back then. Rather looks like the Ukrainians spent the intervening time devising good tactics. You have to admire people who fight with cunning and skill and retain a sense of humour as in the OP's graffiti.

Collectively it’s all too Chamberlain-esque.

Yup completely disastrous clash of subjective-interpretations. KGB not so well-known for reasonable conversations over a nice hot cup of tea.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2022, 07:05:19 AM »
I believe the actual target might not be Ukraine at all but the US dollar

Any move to replace required payment in anything but dollars leads to very nasty times..

See Iraq and Libya for to recent examples

Trying to move his payments to roubles is a step in its death

As we don't have gold but military might backing its reserve currency status any threat to that leads to one thing

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2022, 04:57:26 PM »
Putin's latest justification of the Ukrainian attack, sure sounds like Hitlers justification for the attack on Poland.

Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76