Author Topic: Not a Crash but goes to desktop  (Read 596 times)

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
Not a Crash but goes to desktop
« on: April 07, 2022, 05:30:18 PM »
I have this problem while I'm playing the game jumps out of full screen and goes to the desktop. The game is still running and I can simply click on the taskbar icon to get back into it and everything is fine. It happens quite often but there are no dmp files created because it is not crashing.  I'm on windows 11 with steam Aces High version.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Not a Crash but goes to desktop
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 01:02:45 AM »
Something is updating in the background and you get an announcement - which may have been hidden by the "do not disturb" mode or slid to the side before you get to Desktop. My suspects are the Store Apps which are plenty in Win11. Uninstall every one that you don't need, no need to regularly update Disney+ or Solitaire if you don't ever use them!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 12:38:15 PM »
Thanks Bizman,

I'll try and get rid of some unwanted stuff and see if that helps. I saw scuzzy had a post about disabling processes and such.

Hopefully that will help.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 01:29:51 PM »
For a jump start here's some hints: In the Start Menu you can right click some apps and uninstall them. In Programs (or was it Apps) and Features you can also uninstall unnecessary apps and programs. After that go to the Store and update all the rest.

In the Settings you can uncheck all unnecessary notifications. I usually allow them but uncheck the list and disable them for most features except AutoPlay ("You can now remove <USB drive>") and Security. Even those are not crucial, you can disable all notifications as well.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 01:59:05 PM »
update,

I unistalled a bunch of junk but still had problem.

I upgraded from 8gb to 16 gb ram.

Problem seems to be solved. 

Time will tell.

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 11:00:45 AM »
update:

Problem was solved by updating nvidia drivers for gpu.