Author Topic: AH freezes, then ctd  (Read 638 times)

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
AH freezes, then ctd
« on: June 08, 2022, 08:23:17 AM »
hello all, this just started recently.  I will be playing, game will freeze but sound continues.  Then after about a minute, I get the UDP loss message and then I go to desktop.  I turned off notifications and allowed AH full access in my firewall settings.

Any ideas?
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH freezes, then ctd
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 09:03:39 AM »
When was the last time you shut down your computer properly (keep Shift down while clicking Shutdown)?

How about your motherboard drivers, bios updates, video card drivers?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 10:44:08 AM »
yup everything is up to date, only difference is the nvidia driver update

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 10:53:50 AM »
yup everything is up to date, only difference is the nvidia driver update

Bizman,  help explain the problem that might arise with multiple audio devices enabled...

I just got back from my local area Davidson County Veterans Services and Richard Childress Racing "Veterans Breakfast for WWII Veterans " ...trying to let my nerves  calm down...we only had 6 WWII Veterans attended....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 11:27:59 AM »
Bizman,  help explain the problem that might arise with multiple audio devices enabled...

I just got back from my local area Davidson County Veterans Services and Richard Childress Racing "Veterans Breakfast for WWII Veterans " ...trying to let my nerves  calm down...we only had 6 WWII Veterans attended....
Oh...

Yes, one culprit can be that you have several "sound cards" enabled and active. The main suspect is the Nvidia HDMI audio which can conflict with the motherboard sound circuit. So unless you have and use speakers in your monitor, go to Device Manager/Audio devices and disable the Nvidia audio. Then uninstall the audio drivers through Apps and Features. And the next time you update your Nvidia drivers, choose "Clean install" and uncheck the audio.

If you use a USB headset and don't have any speakers connected to the motherboard audio, front or rear, you can disable that as well. You can do that even in the UEFI/Bios. Unused devices still use resources!
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 12:54:23 PM »
Thank you Bizman,

<SALUTE*

TC/ Johnny
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 01:03:07 PM »
 :lol

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 07:02:58 PM »
hello all, this just started recently.  I will be playing, game will freeze but sound continues.  Then after about a minute, I get the UDP loss message and then I go to desktop.  I turned off notifications and allowed AH full access in my firewall settings.

Any ideas?

What happens when you reboot your PC and restart AH after you disco?

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 09:52:58 AM »
so disabled and uninstalled the nvidia sound devices, turned off update notifications as well.  Seemed to work ok now.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2022, 10:00:50 AM »
so disabled and uninstalled the nvidia sound devices, turned off update notifications as well.  Seemed to work ok now.

Awesome!  Jolly...hope that was the  culprit, it was the first thing I thought of but wasn't mentally able to explain what  might be wrong at the moment I saw your post...

<S>

TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2022, 11:16:01 AM »
Great news! Glad you got it solved.

Kotisivuni