Author Topic: The Great Unwinding  (Read 15509 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Re: The Great Unwinding
« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2022, 10:23:52 AM »
And once again I'll tell you guys. Milo and spitbull. If you apologize to me I'll let you back into flame warriors. You don't even have to apologize publicly.

And I will say it again, apologize for what. You should apologize to us.

Not that it matters. As not interested in going back to FW and the redneck hillbilly attitude.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #256 on: June 23, 2022, 10:26:21 AM »
And once again I'll tell you guys. Milo and spitbull. If you apologize to me I'll let you back into flame warriors. You don't even have to apologize publicly.

Whats flame warriors ?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #257 on: June 23, 2022, 10:38:26 AM »

I think you are advertising your bbs in the wrong thread

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #258 on: June 23, 2022, 10:53:45 AM »
Whats flame warriors ?

A BB the Feds should look at.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #259 on: June 23, 2022, 01:20:41 PM »
Is it a gay site?

The GFC

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #260 on: June 23, 2022, 06:05:53 PM »
A BB the Feds should look at.

🤣 🤣

😜
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2022, 12:34:56 PM »
Bear market rallies tend to be "fast, furious, and prone to failure." - Hussman

I expect this current sucker rally to continue at least to next week.  Maybe an impressive rise.  But you never know.  If I was still stuck with longs that made me nervous (I'm not  ;)) I might use any temporary rally to unload at a better price than I am likely to find later.

End of quarter Window Dressing https://www.investopedia.com/terms/w/windowdressing.asp, temporary oversold conditions are pushing this until July.

Assuming no massive negative catalysts between now and end of Q2. 

I would expect pain to recommence start of Q3.  Things might get really sporty once Q2 earnings start coming in mid-July.  Then 0.75-1.0 BSP rate raise again next meeting.

I see some pundits sure that the market\economy pain will cause the Fed to pivot by Sept.  I absolutely reject that thesis.  First, this is not the same Fed as previous years.  This set of voting members are majority hawks and they are quite done with the pain and risk too much loose money for too long has caused.  I think those hoping for a pivot to save this bloated market are engaging in magical wishful thinking. 

When inflation is under control they might pause rate hikes, but that is not enough to prevent the market from trending back toward historical trend norms, which would be a lot closer to around S&P 2000 line.

Short of near societal collapse, don't expect a lowering of rates with this class of Fed voters. Setting a broken bone hurts, but you got to do it.

They're quoting Volcker for cripes sake.  That's like a President quoting Lincoln.  You know you are in for some pain then.

"Near the top of the market, investors are extraordinarily optimistic because they've seen mostly higher prices for a year or two. The sell-offs witnessed during that span were usually brief. Even when they were severe, the market bounced back quickly and always rose to loftier levels. At the top, optimism is king, speculation is running wild, stocks carry high price/earnings ratios, and liquidity has evaporated. A small rise in interest rates can easily be the catalyst for triggering a bear market at that point."

- Martin Zweig, Winning on Wall Street, 1986

"The greed itch begins when you see stocks move that you don't own. Then friends of yours have a stock that has doubled; or if you have one that has doubled, they have one that has tripled. This is what produces bull market tops. Obviously no one rationally would want to buy at the top, and yet enough people do to produce a top. It is really quite amazing how time horizons and money goals can change when there are stocks around that are going up 100 percent in six months. Finally it all turns into a marvelous carmagnole that is great fun if you leave the party early."

- Adam Smith, The Money Game, 1967

« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 12:48:08 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2022, 10:09:29 AM »
Ponder this...

There is still a lot of carry over from people who had loans locked in at lower rates and real-estates has a built in lag.  But it's starting to roll over.  Price reductions are showing up.  Time-on-market increasing.  There is a metric crap ton of new inventory that builders are bringing on-line that they started at the peak of the bubble that is going to sit empty and on their books.

Mortgage rates pretty much doubled just on the first rate hike.  Another same size or larger coming end of July.  Another probably in Sept.  Look at how large that segment is.  When recession, lay-offs, crashed stock market, destroyed wealth effect, (debt security defaults?),  and sky-rocketing mortgage rates all converge on that market segment...it's going to get sporty.

You're witnessing history.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #263 on: June 27, 2022, 11:31:15 AM »

And MBS' are starting to go no-bid on occasion.  Mortgages packaged up for sale as an instrument and the market saying, "mmmmm no thanks."  Eventually you can keep lowering it until you find a speculator, but it's an ominous sign. 

If this is the movie Titanic, the water is not yet up to our knees, but we all just felt a shudder go though ship.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2022, 11:09:41 PM »

Well that anticipated rally kinda fell flat.   There was plenty of volume, but it seemed that every time someone starting buying, someone else used it as an opportunity to unload some. So things sort churned and didn't build traction.  Not a good sign.  No bueno.  ;)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #265 on: June 30, 2022, 06:35:59 AM »
Decades of financial abuse and bloating with almost zero interest money will take much longer than the kramer types want to admit...America has no patience.

I hear the fear that they won't kill the inflation dragon as they will lose their nerve and start the next bubble cycle sooner then they should

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #266 on: June 30, 2022, 06:56:22 AM »
I should have got everything on credit and then gone mental.

Getting certified in the UK you cannot be taken to court.

Biden and Clinton are your friends :rofl

You people  :rofl

Always someone else to blame never your stupid greedy selves.

China has engineers the US has youths who cannot used a screwdriver

The GFC

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #267 on: June 30, 2022, 12:27:16 PM »
Always someone else to blame never your stupid greedy selves.

I'm only mostly greedy.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #268 on: July 02, 2022, 09:40:29 AM »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #269 on: July 02, 2022, 10:50:27 AM »
With the skyrocketing cost of agriculture the markets and economy will be negatively affected for the next several years..

The full impact of what is happening now is lagging but will be felt strongly...catastrophically for some

It's only just begun to get interesting

Eagler