Author Topic: It's a new tour but I suck..  (Read 3493 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: It's a new tour but I suck..
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2022, 06:21:59 PM »
Great suff !!!
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2022, 09:37:20 AM »
None of which explains what Fariz can do with a Yak 3 .. 

My God man... :eek:
nopoop

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2022, 12:47:21 PM »
None of which explains what Fariz can do with a Yak 3 .. 

Fariz is an extremely disciplined and skilled BnZer (a subset of energy-fighting) who is adept at reading the relative energy states and making decisions accordingly. If he is not egressing to build or escape, he is attacking with an energy advantage and that's like getting your fingers pinched in a lever. Only way to nail him is to trap him, dangling some leg so-to-speak. He is of course a very good shot  :banana:

The most important thing is to practice merges in a controlled manner that teaches you proper timing.

I must do some duelling sometime and try to improve. It's just not good enough  :rofl

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2022, 01:22:04 PM »
I came upon Fariz in a yak 3 co alt while flying a Yak 3. My speed above 310. I attempted lateral seperation with a hard slice back. Two turns later he was on my six. I dumped throttle trying for an overshoot via scissors.  Down to just above stall speed as he camped on my six and blew me out of the sky lol.

The other pilot that OWNS ME is The Judge.  Doesn't matter if I have all the cards, the smash, the altitude, He gets me every time.  It's a daily ritual..  I've have at least learned to recognize when it is a rope. multiple times I have had the smash to follow him up but he can float that D9 forever at the top, put a couple cannon rounds in me after I fall out. I don't know how he keeps that D9 so fast...all the time
nopoop

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2022, 01:29:53 PM »
I came upon Fariz in a yak 3 co alt while flying a Yak 3. My speed above 310. I attempted lateral seperation with a hard slice back. Two turns later he was on my six. I dumped throttle trying for an overshoot via scissors.  Down to just above stall speed as he camped on my six and blew me out of the sky lol.

The other pilot that OWNS ME is The Judge.  Doesn't matter if I have all the cards, the smash, the altitude, He gets me every time.  It's a daily ritual..  I've have at least learned to recognize when it is a rope. multiple times I have had the smash to follow him up but he can float that D9 forever at the top, put a couple cannon rounds in me after I fall out. I don't know how he keeps that D9 so fast...all the time

Well, you can post some films now! There will likely be lots of advice  :banana:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2022, 01:59:13 PM »
Workin on the film thing  :cheers:
nopoop

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2022, 07:16:09 AM »

I must do some duelling sometime and try to improve. It's just not good enough  :rofl

The context was helping new or rusty players. 

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2022, 03:06:11 AM »
Record your fights and rewatch them for clues

Also look at other fights with more experience pilots to figure out how they do it

Eagler
THIS BAR NONE+
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2022, 03:20:50 AM »
Heya nopoop,

I am willing to meet up with you in the Training Arena, and helping you find out what you are having trouble with

If you would like...I  will even work on showing you several different types of merge techniques, etc...

On another note:  I have always been under the impression that we could attach .ahf Aces High films in this particular forum for Training and Reviewing!

Is that not possible anymore?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2022, 10:37:53 AM »
The context was helping new or rusty players.

I'm new  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2022, 11:53:18 AM »
TC I'd love to. Take me 15 minutes to calm down. Always takes some to calm my nerves   :D

Love to do it next week. I'm retired, west coast so a time would be at your convenience.

In the mean time I will try to hit Alt R for films. Had a few yesterday but of course forgot to film...

Thanks !!   
nopoop

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2022, 01:01:02 PM »
TC I'd love to. Take me 15 minutes to calm down. Always takes some to calm my nerves   :D

Love to do it next week. I'm retired, west coast so a time would be at your convenience.

In the mean time I will try to hit Alt R for films. Had a few yesterday but of course forgot to film...

Thanks !!   

That will work,  I am retired as well,  we'll figure out a time to meet up in the Training Arena 👍

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2022, 01:13:05 PM »
You can set it up to film every sortie...then decide after to save or delete it

I am in ma most nights between 8 an 9 pm eastern

Ping me early if you see me in there and we can duel in match play for practice

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2022, 01:26:00 PM »
Will do Eagler. Need to learn to edit the fluff out of recordings down to the fights
nopoop

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2022, 06:22:46 PM »
Now that there is a HUD in AH you can set it to easily see your speed and G, which is your turn performance. Comparing speed and G in different aircraft shows you the critical turn performance differences.