Author Topic: I'm tired  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: I'm tired
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2022, 02:22:03 PM »
I happen to have 2 copies,1 is an original pressing and the second is a rerelease that I recorded then put away. Oh and I almost forgot I have the CD also. I’m missing the first album and revolver,had revolver but it went missing long ago and only have it on CD.

Mine was a rerelease purchased in `78. I was very much a retro Beatles, Stones, Doors, CSN(and Y), The Byrds and Buffalo Springfield fan in high school. Of course, I also listened to all the popular singers and groups in the late 70s.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2022, 02:30:33 PM »
Mine was a rerelease purchased in `78. I was very much a retro Beatles, Stones, Doors, CSN(and Y), The Byrds and Buffalo Springfield fan in high school. Of course, I also listened to all the popular singers and groups in the late 70s.

What no Frank Zappa???   :devil

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2022, 02:40:55 PM »
What no Frank Zappa???   :devil

I didn't delve into Zappa, Guthrie, The Mommas and the Pappas, Croce or a lot of others until I was on active duty. And my love of sixties and seventies folk and rock just expanded from there.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2022, 02:42:18 PM »
I happen to have 2 copies,1 is an original pressing and the second is a rerelease that I recorded then put away. Oh and I almost forgot I have the CD also. I’m missing the first album and revolver,had revolver but it went missing long ago and only have it on CD.

Have you heard the Giles Martin remix I think it was 2018? It is incredible. Some songs on the white album, like long long, long, sound 100% better. There's more depth to the songs and yet they don't sound like they're different mixes.
They did a great job on that the whole album remix.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2022, 02:43:45 PM »
Have you heard the Giles Martin remix I think it was 2018? It is incredible. Some songs on the white album, like long long, long, sound 100% better. There's more depth to the songs and yet they don't sound like they're different mixes.

Puzzling how your Beatles love never made it to the classic juke.  :old:

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2022, 03:07:11 PM »
Back in the day my then boss once was bitten by the Wheel of Energy bug. Simply put, your total energy can be described as a circle which is divided into three segments: Work, leisure/hobbies and rest. For optimal energy the three should be balanced. If one segment is bigger than the other two, the weight of it will stop the wheel from spinning.

Dehydration is another issue. A hot environment, thick/dark clothes (sunshine on a breezy day in spring), efficient ventilation (aeroplanes) all can dry yourself without you noticing. Caffeine is a diuretic so coffee or coke can make things worse. Some common vegetables like watermelons and tomatoes also remove fluids from your system - handy if you have swollen ankles but not so much if you're already dry as a raisin. Excessive drinking of plain water (a gallon a day) can also be an issue as it can change your salt balance. Even more so if you sweat a lot.

I don't usually work a lot of hours. Pretty much an 8-hour day. And I have a pretty sweet job. I actually love the job. I'm pretty much on my own out in the field. Today I'm in the office. Just some of the environments can be hard but not all of them are.

I drink a lot of water. So much so that I think I sometimes drink too much water. And I don't drink sodas or anything like that. I have healthy snacks with me during the day like I'll have a banana and some peanuts or something like that.

My work life balance does seem skewed though because I think I just don't have energy when I get home to do anything. Like I will get up at 5:00 a.m. and usually make breakfast and get ready for work. I'll be at work by 8:00 and then I'll work and come home usually by 6:00 p.m. . And then when I get home and I finally get a chance to sit down or whatever, I feel like I'm just zonked out at that point. Like I don't have the energy to do the things that I thought I was going to do during the day. Like I will plan to make time for a guitar part or something like that and then I just can't do it when it comes time to getting home. I'm just exhausted.

So I'll go to bed and I'll read a little bit while I'm in bed or maybe look at the internet a little bit. And then I'm zonked out. Only to wake up the next day to do it all the same again.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2022, 03:07:55 PM »
I don't eat caffeine or drink caffeine. In the morning I make a pretty large cup of coffee though. I hand grind my coffee in a makeup cup of coffee that's maybe 20 oz? I put one teaspoon of sugar in it and some real cream. And that's it for the caffeine.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2022, 03:34:21 PM »
8 Oz of regular coffee = 96 mg of caffeine
12 Oz of regular coffee = 144 mg of caffeine
16 Oz of regular coffee = 192 mg of caffeine
20 Oz of regular coffee = 240 mg of caffeine

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2022, 05:44:08 PM »

Yes! I have some of it on a portable HD,should have downloaded the whole thing but didn’t.

I find it depends on what you play it through,the old Altec Lansing comp speakers just aren’t up to the job,one of these days I’ll run it through my amp and good speakers. Then I can compare it to vinyl ,cd and off the comp.

I just like the fact I can turn on the comp and have endless hours of music and don’t have to flip an album or change a cd. I’m not always in the room where the music comes from.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2022, 05:53:05 PM »

This one Morph?

This the one my Mom bought when they first came to the US. I have it framed on my wall as a "memory" She played it a LOT when I was a kid.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2022, 06:00:35 PM »
This one Morph?

This the one my Mom bought when they first came to the US. I have it framed on my wall as a "memory" She played it a LOT when I was a kid.

Yes it and revolver are the only ones I don’t have on vinyl but I do have all the songs on their anthology set in vinyl.

Had a birthday not long ago any my son got me a new remixed copy of dark side of the moon,only opened it to get rid off wrapping and sleeve,it won’t be played until someone else get their hands on it.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2022, 06:16:45 PM »

Yes! I have some of it on a portable HD,should have downloaded the whole thing but didn’t.

I find it depends on what you play it through,the old Altec Lansing comp speakers just aren’t up to the job,one of these days I’ll run it through my amp and good speakers. Then I can compare it to vinyl ,cd and off the comp.

I just like the fact I can turn on the comp and have endless hours of music and don’t have to flip an album or change a cd. I’m not always in the room where the music comes from.

I will still listen to certain songs on the white album to compare mixes. To me, the white album has a really organic feel to it. I love the way they recorded everything on that album. And the Giles Martin remix sounds incredible. So it's got deeper bass and more clarity. A lot more depth and almost three-dimensional.

I can listen to that album. The whole thing straight through and I often do that. There's only a couple of songs on there that I will fast forward. I don't like why don't we do it in the road and I don't like that Ringo song don't pass me by. I almost can't listen to that one. Lol. Other than that I will listen to that album straight through both sides both albums

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2022, 02:18:23 AM »
I don't usually work a lot of hours. Pretty much an 8-hour day. And I have a pretty sweet job. I actually love the job. I'm pretty much on my own out in the field. Today I'm in the office. Just some of the environments can be hard but not all of them are.

I drink a lot of water. So much so that I think I sometimes drink too much water. And I don't drink sodas or anything like that. I have healthy snacks with me during the day like I'll have a banana and some peanuts or something like that.

My work life balance does seem skewed though because I think I just don't have energy when I get home to do anything. Like I will get up at 5:00 a.m. and usually make breakfast and get ready for work. I'll be at work by 8:00 and then I'll work and come home usually by 6:00 p.m. . And then when I get home and I finally get a chance to sit down or whatever, I feel like I'm just zonked out at that point. Like I don't have the energy to do the things that I thought I was going to do during the day. Like I will plan to make time for a guitar part or something like that and then I just can't do it when it comes time to getting home. I'm just exhausted.

So I'll go to bed and I'll read a little bit while I'm in bed or maybe look at the internet a little bit. And then I'm zonked out. Only to wake up the next day to do it all the same again.
Thanks for clarifying.

The Circle of Energy thing isn't about the time spent, it's more about quality. So although you love your job your spare time activities should be something entirely different so that you can turn your work mode off. They also should have some variation - a scheduled daily hobby is actually just another job which would double the "work" segment. I like tinkering with computer so I made it my job. Occasionally I take a customer's computer home with me and spend the night fixing it. Sometimes I try to help people on this forum. Those are both OK but not on a daily basis. Yesterday after work I chopped and piled some firewood before helping cooking the dinner, then I read some and watched some TV with my wife. A balanced day...

If you're worried about drinking too much water that may be an issue. One should drink only when thirsty, although like I mentioned there's situations when you don't notice being dehydrated. They say that a couple of litres/½ gallon a day should normally suffice unless the environment makes you lose moisture. Excess water can dilute your mineral balance so if you really need to drink more than average you should get some mineral water alongside with plain water. Sweat is salty and so is pee so if you water your system down you may flush more minerals out than what you get from your food.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2022, 02:45:35 AM »
If you haven’t had recent blood work to rule things out such as anemia, I’d start there.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2022, 07:13:15 AM »
Did you get covid?

Maybe it's a bout of long covid...whatever that truly is..

Or you are just getting old and everything is winding down

Welcome to the club

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals