Author Topic: Can I vent ??  (Read 4065 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Can I vent ??
« on: June 21, 2022, 10:03:18 PM »
I guess I'm finishing my third tour since coming back from a long time ago.

I try to fly prime time for the bodies.  I think it was around 90 this evening.

I log on and try and find a fight. What I  find is no fights. So find a base capped to get a little action. climb to 7k and in comes the group at 12k. survive for a while but outnumbered witth altitude to boot I die. Take off again, get to 12k and in they  come at 14k with the same result.

Scour the map for something resembling a fight and I find vehicle bases are being attacked by everyone.  Six or seven GVers is the only thing to be found at multiple vehicle bases. Off to a base with nothing showing on radar..  Arrive at 10k and low and behold there's a pair at 12...  In a 51 so I split ess and escape. Get my  altitude plus some and go back in. No one is there...

Have the fuel so off to the next base that shows a con. YES !!!  Arrive and  no  one is there. Orbit the base for 10 minutes and nothing..

Well I'm not flying home so I start taking out ack. Something to do..

Of course then in comes a pair of 51's to tag team me.

The third day of this stuff. It's frustrating to have empty skys when everyone is in the dirt

Thank god for MNM. There is always a fight there.

Have noticed those that DO fly, the small group, are very good.

Going to try the bishops, they always have the numbers so I haven't joined up.

It is worse now than it was the first time I  left  in 08.  The war that never ends has won.

Thanks, I'm done venting.  The dog will heal. And I didn't like cat anyway.

nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Can I vent ??
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 03:07:50 AM »
You give many of the reasons why I’m in a tank most of the time.

Groups at those altitudes are looking to gang up.

If you’re always playing at the same time of day, I’d try changing that up if you can.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 03:45:10 AM »
Hey Poop, if you want you and I can wing up and give those astronauts what for. I feel like we typical fly the around the same times and on the nits
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 06:10:04 AM »
It's a shame most good a2a is not realized in ma with its gangs of high alt late war runners..

Too bad EW, MW and LW can't be cycled through MA for variety as we are down to one arena with the numbers these days

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 08:28:42 AM »
Not classic A2A, but there was a great furball last night at A52.  Rooks had the town WF and were trying to sneak with a CV group, but someone noticed and shouted for defense.  Soon, the Rooks found the feet-dry spawn and the game was on, four or five LVTs spawning and running troops with four or five fighters launching off the carrier to attack the defenders who were in fighters, bombers, and tanks.  Went on for quite a while and was non stop action.  Eventually someone killed the carrier and the fight was over, but it was a hoot while it lasted.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 09:45:03 AM »
Sounds like you found a fight in your 51 and ran away.

If you always want to have the advantage, its going to take  a while to get set up.

but yeah, it's hard to find fights  sometimes

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 10:18:00 AM »
Not what It used to be.  Maybe when summer ends there will be more fighters playing, not piles of scavengers.

It really stands out when numbers are as low as they are.  I almost never log in anymore, and when I do it's in dweeb planes to be able to compete with the gaggle of dweebs.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 10:28:23 AM »
Not what It used to be.  Maybe when summer ends there will be more fighters playing, not piles of scavengers.

It really stands out when numbers are as low as they are.  I almost never log in anymore, and when I do it's in dweeb planes to be able to compete with the gaggle of dweebs.

Yeaa, the summer really seemed to dry the arenas out for compared to when I came back in March.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2022, 11:02:05 AM »
Sounds like you found a fight in your 51 and ran away.

If you always want to have the advantage, its going to take  a while to get set up.

but yeah, it's hard to find fights  sometimes

Here's how that fight would have gone, 1st con dives in and extends 3-4k as the second one dives in then extends 3-4k. For the next 5 minutes the two higher cons never actually engage in anything more than poor bnz passes and only turning back in when he shows his 6. This is only broken up by the "fight" reaching the deck where they can no longer extend and run away or the more likely scenario that he's picked by a 190D, LA7 and Spit16 that show up. Great "fight".

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2022, 11:38:10 AM »
Tried to log in last Sunday at 4pm and see only 40 players on. I wonder why only 40 players. It's Buzzsaw. Every damn time. Nothing but tiny little dars. Very little action on the map. I log. Nothing for me there. Huge maps on the weekends kill the fights early in the afternoon and come primetime, we get a few more in there who try to fight, but it's not where it should be because people don't see any action and leave.

The gang dweebs in their gang rides are getting old. I roll into a fight and its 4 yak3s to fight against, get tangled up and one comes around to pick you. You cannot escape these planes. I shot down a guy, got tangled up, and before you know it, that guy has be-lined it right back to me as Im fighting 2 others to join back in the gang. There is no aircombat respect or unwritten rules. Everyone in their dweeb planes just ganging. It wouldn't be soooo bad if you didn't have to fly 5-10 minutes back to a field but it just gets old I guess. The naysayers say "well just get in a temp so they can't catch you, just fly 30k in your temp so they can't catch you". I ask them... is that really what you want? Everyone flying super easy fastest planes in the game at 30k? Yeah so much fun that is.. it's really a shame so many real fighters have left the game.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2022, 11:42:50 AM »
I might just bite the bullet and buy the sub for a bit..... I'm feeling sorry for y'all lol. Then again, I'm likely to just get blown out of the sky haha, my ACM needs work
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2022, 12:15:12 PM »
Again maybe a way to force variety is to limit ma by planset cycling through ew, mw and late war...

Or lower the sides to two..

Or remove the crappy maps that kill gameplay...

Or do nothing....which is where I would put my money if it was a bet...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2022, 12:58:18 PM »
I think time has changed the makeup of those in this game.  Now someone coming into the game for aerial combat with little experience will get eaten alive by those here that still love to fight. The few fighters that are here have years of experience at their craft.  The learning curve is too steep. As it should be but that prevents  new fighter jocks.

I started in 99 here. At that time people were moving over from WB.  And the AW people. Back  then there were no GV's in WB. EVERYONE FLEW. The caliber of fighters was very good and the numbers were high.  Still had the gangers with altitude and the empty base takers, but the fighters were many and you found them in the fur..

As Kong said, once in a while there is some good fights. A couple of weeks ago....yes a couple of WEEKS, there was a similar fight when I was a rook. What a great time. Had a FM2 and was tearing it up. Good half hour of fun. I wish I could do it every day.  You could do that back in the day.

My stable is a SpitV, FM2, Seafire, Yak3 and occasional Brewster.  I flew the 51 out of boredom.. Cant fly it worth a damm but I'm grasping at straws..

Fly 10 minutes, die, rinse and repeat and then log.

Love to do it StepSis, but you have to know, I suck  :D

They tried the early war, mid war, late war thing back in the day. People logged and waited for late war.  Personally I like mid  war plane sets but go figure.

Rant over (I think) and the cat is going to live. 
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2022, 01:21:15 PM »
I think time has changed the makeup of those in this game.  Now someone coming into the game for aerial combat with little experience will get eaten alive by those here that still love to fight. The few fighters that are here have years of experience at their craft.  The learning curve is too steep. As it should be but that prevents  new fighter jocks.

I started in 99 here. At that time people were moving over from WB.  And the AW people. Back  then there were no GV's in WB. EVERYONE FLEW. The caliber of fighters was very good and the numbers were high.  Still had the gangers with altitude and the empty base takers, but the fighters were many and you found them in the fur..

As Kong said, once in a while there is some good fights. A couple of weeks ago....yes a couple of WEEKS, there was a similar fight when I was a rook. What a great time. Had a FM2 and was tearing it up. Good half hour of fun. I wish I could do it every day.  You could do that back in the day.

My stable is a SpitV, FM2, Seafire, Yak3 and occasional Brewster.  I flew the 51 out of boredom.. Cant fly it worth a damm but I'm grasping at straws..

Fly 10 minutes, die, rinse and repeat and then log.

Love to do it StepSis, but you have to know, I suck  :D

They tried the early war, mid war, late war thing back in the day. People logged and waited for late war.  Personally I like mid  war plane sets but go figure.

Rant over (I think) and the cat is going to live.

Midwar, IMO, would have worked out much better with a smaller map that had closer bases. Similar to smog 8 style map from H2H. It was too big, there wasn't close combat fights and it still took 5-10 minutes to get to a fight. With low #s. That kills it. There was never a change to smaller maps more suited for the planes and I think thats why it seemed no different than the late war MA.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2022, 01:47:46 PM »
Not classic A2A, but there was a great furball last night at A52.  Rooks had the town WF and were trying to sneak with a CV group, but someone noticed and shouted for defense.  Soon, the Rooks found the feet-dry spawn and the game was on, four or five LVTs spawning and running troops with four or five fighters launching off the carrier to attack the defenders who were in fighters, bombers, and tanks.  Went on for quite a while and was non stop action.  Eventually someone killed the carrier and the fight was over, but it was a hoot while it lasted.   :D

Good stuff when it happens , no doubt.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)