Author Topic: Thinking.....  (Read 313 times)

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
Thinking.....
« on: June 27, 2022, 08:54:50 AM »
Found this really interesting photo of a USAAF Messerschmitt 262 captured from the Luftwaffe. I haven't made any skins yet, but I'm thinking about trying to make this one.....
Maybe......

Turn n' Burn!

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Thinking.....
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 10:14:26 AM »
Hi Tig.

I encourage you to try skinning.

However there are some issues with this specific aircraft that make it ineligible for inclusion in the game.

1. It's not the correct variant of Me 262. Only the Me 262A-1 can be skinned.

2. Captured aircraft/vehicles are not allowed to be sinned with the specific exception of when the captured aircraft/vehicle was purposefully used in a combat role (see the T-34's with German markings). The vast majority of captured equipment was used solely for the purposes of evaluation and intelligence gathering, such as this Me 262.

Good luck!
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 11:18:36 AM »
Hi Tig.

I encourage you to try skinning.

However there are some issues with this specific aircraft that make it ineligible for inclusion in the game.

1. It's not the correct variant of Me 262. Only the Me 262A-1 can be skinned.

2. Captured aircraft/vehicles are not allowed to be sinned with the specific exception of when the captured aircraft/vehicle was purposefully used in a combat role (see the T-34's with German markings). The vast majority of captured equipment was used solely for the purposes of evaluation and intelligence gathering, such as this Me 262.

Good luck!

Oh there's rules for making skins? I had no idea.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 11:24:44 AM »
Oh there's rules for making skins? I had no idea.

Not for making skins. Just for their acceptance for use online in the game. And even then, an occasional (rare) exception might be made for event substitution purposes. I might still encourage you to try this skin or valuable practice. Just as I am reconsidering making SCW skins for the I-16 and the 109 Emil.