Author Topic: I miss this game so much  (Read 619 times)

Offline Cramby

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
I miss this game so much
« on: July 26, 2022, 10:00:01 AM »
This game was awesome. Now every time I visit there's not many people on it which sucks. Back in the day we had wait to get into a lobby. I miss this so damn much and im literally crying.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: I miss this game so much
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 11:10:53 AM »
The numbers are low, but I here is still fun o be had. Jump in the waters fine!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 11:27:36 AM »
It is hit or miss. When it is good.... it brings back the memories.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline UpMaKilt

• Zinc Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 11:37:31 AM »
You can miss the game or you can adjust. When Higheye gets the liquor in him he talks about how he used to have to fly 10 miles each way to a furball in nothing but rags and then get a whuppin but his daddy sure did love him. Then he passes out in the tower.

I can’t see how the game will recover even if it was free, there’s just too many high quality competitors, that’s why I play a bunch instead of trying to get everything out of AH.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 11:44:49 AM »

Adapt, I play what ever the situation calls for. I'm no longer as proficient in the dog fighting as i was years ago but still enjoy whats there.

I can’t see how the game will recover even if it was free, there’s just too many high quality competitors, that’s why I play a bunch instead of trying to get everything out of AH.

And still none offer what i can enjoy here, a wide mix of combat on a large scale without a ridiculous grind or pay to win. Oh and Pacific sets and match ups are non existent on the others.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 12:59:38 PM »
As a newer player, I still find it terrifically fun. I do wish I could have seen the mega battles of the past, but even just one on ones are plenty of thrill for me. Just gotta find the fight and log on at the right time. Evening and night CST is a nice hotspot!
Turn n' Burn!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2022, 01:58:47 PM »
I wonder how many people would be playing, if all the people who don't play because not enough people are playing, were playing.    :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 01:59:04 PM »
I don't think someone knows what "literally" means.   :rolleyes:
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 02:07:45 PM »
I wonder how many people would be playing, if all the people who don't play because not enough people are playing, were playing.    :D

:rofl :rofl
Turn n' Burn!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2022, 02:26:16 PM »
You can miss the game or you can adjust. When Higheye gets the liquor in him he talks about how he used to have to fly 10 miles each way to a furball in nothing but rags and then get a whuppin but his daddy sure did love him. Then he passes out in the tower.

Not to pick on you but I see this all the time, but I think it's a fall back excuse.
I've known people put in a year of AcesHigh, leave, return after years for a tour or 2 and be acceptably competitive, including myself in that.

AcesHigh does have a number of well practised flyers but that most definitely isn't a wall between enjoying AcesHigh in the long term.
Dark Souls games have been all the rage for a number of years now, so high difficulty and overcoming said difficulties clearly appears to drive a thriving section of the gaming market.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline UpMaKilt

• Zinc Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2022, 03:09:10 PM »
Not to pick on you but I see this all the time, but I think it's a fall back excuse.
I've known people put in a year of AcesHigh, leave, return after years for a tour or 2 and be acceptably competitive, including myself in that.

AcesHigh does have a number of well practised flyers but that most definitely isn't a wall between enjoying AcesHigh in the long term.
Dark Souls games have been all the rage for a number of years now, so high difficulty and overcoming said difficulties clearly appears to drive a thriving section of the gaming market.

Dolby, I'm referring to competing games, not the players.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 04:55:14 PM »
Derp  :rofl
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2022, 08:42:54 PM »

We wouldn't all fit. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com