Author Topic: What I'm hearing around the web  (Read 2005 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: What I'm hearing around the web
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2022, 03:04:55 PM »
Yeah, we definitely need some free planes like the 109f and spit5 and a6m3 and maybe an F4F. Something to get these people in the game playing. Then, once they understand the game they will definitely want to fly that P51 or other Uber planes and will happily subscribe to do so. It would bring more players to the game willing to try it and would create overall bigger fights, which would intern bring more people in.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2022, 03:36:29 PM »
A big problem is and will be going forward, is the gameplay that they receive for $14.95 a month... it's more often than not pisspoor..  people scared to fight without a 3 vs 1, ack hugging, etc, hiding in guns, hiding in buildings.    Don't get me wrong, this has happened since I started in 2000, but with the low numbers and large maps, it's hard not to notice it.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2022, 05:51:07 PM »
I paid in 1 year about 700 bucks for world of tanks.  a free game. just got tired of the grind and fighting against tanks that I got no chance of killing.

and once I got to the top a new tank would appear that I got no chance of killing.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2022, 06:07:15 PM »
Balloon float: Given there's no ongoing development in AH at this point, lower the price to $9.95 @ mo. There's been scads & scads of ideas put forth in this forum, as per bringing in fresh blood. All has been ignored. Player #'s are roughly 50% of what they were a year ago. The only increase seems to be more shades lately. I'm guessing without some sort of _incentive_...AH3 will be lucky to see 2023. I've been sending HTC my $$ since 2001 and must say...I'm bored and pretty much fed-up with the "same-old/same-old" If the boss man had any interest in rejuvenating the game; it would have happened by now. Sadly, it's like being on the stern of the Titanic at 2:10 AM.  :cry

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2022, 06:31:52 PM »
I paid in 1 year about 700 bucks for world of tanks.  a free game. just got tired of the grind and fighting against tanks that I got no chance of killing.

and once I got to the top a new tank would appear that I got no chance of killing.

semp
That's their whole business model. I played WoT for a long time and was at the top, in the top clan, but never spent a single dime on it.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2022, 07:49:23 PM »
That's their whole business model. I played WoT for a long time and was at the top, in the top clan, but never spent a single dime on it.

I know I joined your clan towards the end. top clans do get to play for free, rest of us cash only.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2022, 08:48:14 PM »
Balloon float: Given there's no ongoing development in AH at this point, lower the price to $9.95 @ mo. There's been scads & scads of ideas put forth in this forum, as per bringing in fresh blood. All has been ignored. Player #'s are roughly 50% of what they were a year ago. The only increase seems to be more shades lately. I'm guessing without some sort of _incentive_...AH3 will be lucky to see 2023. I've been sending HTC my $$ since 2001 and must say...I'm bored and pretty much fed-up with the "same-old/same-old" If the boss man had any interest in rejuvenating the game; it would have happened by now. Sadly, it's like being on the stern of the Titanic at 2:10 AM.  :cry

Ya that would be a nice "gift" to all of us who have supported HTC all these years. I know it would cut into Hitechs cut but it would still be nice for our loyalty.

Offline UpMaKilt

• Zinc Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2022, 05:19:38 AM »

Plus 'ohhh but the graphics aren't that good.....' (imagine that in a nasally voice)
I love Aces High, but sadly people are too picky nowadays.

Picky? No. Would you rather watch a VHS or BluRay? Technology moves on. DCS/WT/MSFS have exceptional graphics. AH does not even at max settings. I play for my squaddies and have played on and off since 06. NOBODY wants to pay 15 bucks when there are better options out there and this “but you’d pay 60 bucks per plane in dcs?” argument holds zero water. I’d pay 100 bucks to fly a plane I want that looks incredible in an environment that looks great in a game that has more than 100 people. It’s called competition and if AH doesn’t compete then that’s on HT. numerous players moving onto other games that better suit their wants. If the Crows and Peacemakers moved to something else I’d be right behind them. I’m paying 15 bucks to maintain the friendships I have, not for the immersive gaming simulation as a loyal subscriber. Hi tech could make the game free or charge 30 bucks a month, I’d still be here but for the people NOT the game quality. New players don’t have those built up friendships so they have no reason to stick around if the gameplay/graphics etc don’t grab them.

GoatLove

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2022, 06:53:17 AM »
Aces high provides the server the game is played on

Seems dcs and il2 only have subscribers running servers

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2022, 08:39:04 AM »
"Play" time is some of the most valuable time for adults and is different for everyone.  Don't make the same mistake I did and hang around too long if you are not getting a good "bang for the buck".

After 20+ years in AH, my really fun times slowly declined along with my squad and the overall player numbers.  Watching AH wither away with little to no word from the developer and only player content given as updates was causing my love for this hobby to wither as well. Kind of like slowly boiling a frog I was slow to realize this.

I decided to sample the other flight sims out there.  There are several flight sims that allow you to try them for free.   I found a great fit for me.  The developers update weekly on upcoming features and "meaningful" patches/upgrades come out at least once a month or more.  Multiple YouTubes for the sim come out every week.  Some of my squadmates joined me and I made new friends as well.  Rediscovering a vibrant growing flight sim community was a shot in the arm.

Bottom line is by keeping an open mind and willing to sample what is out there my love for this hobby is rejuvenated and reaching new heights in enjoyment.

It is your time and your money, so it is helpful to look around every once in a while to see what else is out there.   

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2022, 07:33:58 PM »

AH had a damn good run. I had some amazing times and met some great people from it. But its clearly on cruise control until it runs out of gas. And from what I'm seeing, its running on fumes. It pretty sad to see. Something that was a part of all of our every day lives will soon be gone.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2022, 07:51:01 PM »
Not done yet

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2022, 07:53:44 PM »

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member