Author Topic: This is how we go green  (Read 2781 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: This is how we go green
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2022, 11:26:22 AM »
THAT is the straight up truth of the matter.

Trudeau is placing some kind of ban or limits on fertilizer - even though the farming provinces are begging him not to do it. He says it's to reduce greenhouse emissions.

This kind of thing is insanity.

In other news, Canada has a cricket farm and they are having actors telling us how great it is to eat bugs. Crickets are good protein and they don't put out much emissions. See where this is going?

Order up a bowl of cricket past and save the planet.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2022, 07:57:59 AM »
Many think many of these shortages are avoidable and were planned as some seem to be piling on the problems instead of solving them..

And yes its all about trying to control the weather .... so they say..it should all work out well, just like the other bs our governments feed us..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2022, 10:41:12 AM »
People in Africa are going to starve this year because fertiliser prices have been increased.

BLM :rofl

Not in Africa :rofl

White liberals hiding their racism behind virtue signalling  :rofl

It’s always others who have to change.

Bill gates talking about the environment while owning 5 sports cars.

Gates says he had saved lots of people with his polio vaccines but they are not allowed to have children in Africa. :rofl

Gates the evil racist

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2022, 02:48:52 PM »
Trudeau is placing some kind of ban or limits on fertilizer - even though the farming provinces are begging him not to do it. He says it's to reduce greenhouse emissions.

This kind of thing is insanity.

In other news, Canada has a cricket farm and they are having actors telling us how great it is to eat bugs. Crickets are good protein and they don't put out much emissions. See where this is going?

Order up a bowl of cricket past and save the planet.

crickets or grasshoppers?  grasshoppers are a great source of protein, tasty as hell too, roasted with garlic chili it's heaven.  just don't eat the 2 long legs, they may hurt your gums.

if you have never eaten bugs, you are giving up on a whole new world of food. me,  I'll eat bugs but not pancakes or Mac and cheese, that's just nasty.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2022, 03:04:26 PM »
I have tried grasshoppers. If I had to, I'd do that again.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2022, 03:33:51 PM »
You know, if you want to eat bugs I'm not going to stop you. What I think they're getting at though is that they want to control emissions to the point of getting rid of beef. What I believe is that they are so cockamamie that they will try to push cricket protein on us as a green way of having protein.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2022, 03:50:21 PM »
You know, if you want to eat bugs I'm not going to stop you. What I think they're getting at though is that they want to control emissions to the point of getting rid of beef. What I believe is that they are so cockamamie that they will try to push cricket protein on us as a green way of having protein.

some people in America for a hundred years have been pushing for veggies only diet. Canada didn't start it we did.

but sure believe that Canada is pushing it.  ever been to Loma Linda? you can't even have any kind of meat in your private room.

lot's of religions around the world have been pushing veggies diets for thousands of years.   and you just noticed it.  funny.

misinformation at its best

semp

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2022, 04:41:05 PM »
I'm not sure if you are being obtuse? I'm not saying that people voluntarily being vegetarian or avoiding meat is bad. What I'm saying is that what I feel is coming is that they are going to ban beef or severely restrict or tax it in the name of climate change. So people that enjoy beef and meat will be demonized. They already are. It's already happening.
This world is getting nuttier all the time. People are pushing crazy agendas these days and the scary thing is that they are actually succeeding at some of it

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2022, 05:08:20 PM »
I'm not sure if you are being obtuse? I'm not saying that people voluntarily being vegetarian or avoiding meat is bad. What I'm saying is that what I feel is coming is that they are going to ban beef or severely restrict or tax it in the name of climate change. So people that enjoy beef and meat will be demonized. They already are. It's already happening.
This world is getting nuttier all the time. People are pushing crazy agendas these days and the scary thing is that they are actually succeeding at some of it

it's a far cry from reducing fertilizer to stop raising meat.  you feel that, but it isn't happening.

you also mentioned they're trying to make us eat bugs. that's another option for food, same as vegetarian, vegan or whatever other choice we got.

semp

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2022, 05:12:50 PM »
it's a far cry from reducing fertilizer to stop raising meat.  you feel that, but it isn't happening.

you also mentioned they're trying to make us eat bugs. that's another option for food, same as vegetarian, vegan or whatever other choice we got.

semp

two different stories. One about banning fertilizers and the other is about the cricket farm.

I didn't say that they are trying to make us eat bugs- I said that I feel they are going to slowly start to restrict farmers and beef production in the name of climate change. You can close your eyes, but it's happening right now. That's why they are restricting the fertilizer in Canada. Climate change.

You wait and see.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2022, 06:00:56 PM »
What I'm saying is that what I feel is coming is that they are going to ban beef or severely restrict or tax it in the name of climate change.

Feelings.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2022, 06:37:21 PM »
two different stories. One about banning fertilizers and the other is about the cricket farm.

I didn't say that they are trying to make us eat bugs- I said that I feel they are going to slowly start to restrict farmers and beef production in the name of climate change. You can close your eyes, but it's happening right now. That's why they are restricting the fertilizer in Canada. Climate change.

You wait and see.

there's 1.5 billion Hindus that believe cows are sacred and not food.  only like 500 Canadians.

I feel Hindus are more of a threat to my steaks than the 500 Canadians.

semp

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2022, 10:07:51 PM »
How many acres are required for cattle?
How much extra feed (grown on land that could be used for human consumption) is fed cattle?
How much fuel is required to get them to the slaughter house?
How much energy is required to refrigerate the meat?

A 'bug' factory the size of a football field could feed 100s of 1000s of people at a fraction of what it costs for beef.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2022, 10:56:41 PM »
Beef is better than bugs.

Farmers are dumping cows now due to the drought so price inflation isn't as high yet but next year there may be less available.

If you need food use the corn going to ethanol.

We don't have an energy shortage unless we go 'green'.

Sri Lanka went green. Hence the riots.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2022, 11:18:02 PM »
Bugs are cheaper by a VERY long way than beef.

We crave meat today, in part, because our brains evolved on the African savanna and are still wired to seek out energy-dense sources of protein. It’s similar to our penchant for sugar, a rare calorie-rich commodity to our foraging ancestors whose brains rewarded them for finding ripe fruit.

But we also crave meat because of its cultural significance. Different cultures are more or less meat-centric, although there’s a clear correlation between wealth and meat consumption. Industrialized Western nations average more than 220 pounds of meat per person per year, while the poorest African nations average less than 22 pounds per person.

An overly meaty diet has been linked to heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers—things our distant ancestors never had to worry about, because they didn’t live long enough to fall victim to chronic disease. “The goals of life for our ancestors was very different than ours,” says Zaraska. “Their goal was to survive to the next day.”