Author Topic: App75 is cheating on his guns-Film Proof  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: App75 is cheating on his guns-Film Proof
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2022, 08:55:31 AM »
It's called the internet...it's why you need to lead your shots more or less depending on how the lag is at the moment

This is not correct. If it was that way, I could hardly hit anyone, nor could anyone reliably hit me.

All shooting is resolved on the shooters front end.  You shoot at what you see, and if you hit on your screen, the hit/damage information is transferred to your enemy and applied to his plane. As this can take 'a while', you may sometimes experience getting hit while seemingly past your enemy's guns, or with tracers passing your six and you still getting hit.

But when you are doing the shooting, it's full 'what you see is what you get'. The combined lag involved has no impact on it, and you don't have to adjust your aimpoint according to "lag" (which you never really know anyway).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Online thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2022, 09:03:18 AM »

...nor could anyone reliably hit me.

I barely reliably hit you as it is.  :D :grin: :azn:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2022, 10:36:00 AM »
As Lusche said, you shoot at targets on your computer, you got shot at on somebody else's computer. 

The effect of internet travel time of data is that the bandit on your 6 is closer to you on the bandit's computer than he appears on your computer.

This means that bandits in the rear view may have a better shot angle than they appear to have.

This works both ways so you get the same advantage when you are behind the bandit.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2022, 11:20:45 AM »
There has to be a collision on your FE to recieve damage. The FE with no collision flys away. Because of that lag only one of the two FEs will "see" the collision.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2022, 12:54:35 PM »
We're talking about 'collisions' with enemy fire but it's the same mechanism.

The OP's target isn't shooting at him on his PC, it just looks like that. Tig is getting shot on somebody else's PC, then the results are sent to Tig's PC and applied to his target. That's where the delay is apparent and looks odd.

Eagler sees the delay but applies it to shooting where it isn't a factor.

Now they both know better.  :aok
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 01:05:30 PM by FLS »

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2022, 01:43:12 PM »

This is not correct. If it was that way, I could hardly hit anyone, nor could anyone reliably hit me.

All shooting is resolved on the shooters front end.  You shoot at what you see, and if you hit on your screen, the hit/damage information is transferred to your enemy and applied to his plane. As this can take 'a while', you may sometimes experience getting hit while seemingly past your enemy's guns, or with tracers passing your six and you still getting hit.

But when you are doing the shooting, it's full 'what you see is what you get'. The combined lag involved has no impact on it, and you don't have to adjust your aimpoint according to "lag" (which you never really know anyway).

Excellent explanation Snailman. :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2022, 04:19:09 PM »
Watch it through, and watch his tracers when I'm below him on his 6.

When I'm behind him, his chin turret is firing down and back at me.
When I'm in front of him, his tail turret is firing down and forwards at me.

Be aware.

Next time your on look me up, we'll up 152s together and go for a buff hunt. You'd be surprised how vulnerable these guys are when the right tactics are utilized.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2022, 11:17:44 AM »
Watch it through, and watch his tracers when I'm below him on his 6.

When I'm behind him, his chin turret is firing down and back at me.
When I'm in front of him, his tail turret is firing down and forwards at me.

Be aware.

Pretty simple.  Email it to HiTech.  If it is a cheat, he’ll take care of it, not the forum police.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2022, 12:34:27 PM »
Pretty simple.  Email it to HiTech.  If it is a cheat, he’ll take care of it, not the forum police.

Spot on!

A few years back a couple of friends and I would try and I mean try to fly in formation.The ideas was to do an air show type thing.The problem we discovered was that everyone saw the other guys at different distance,lead would say to close up but the 2 trailing guys would be 30 to 50 yards away and the lead would see them at 75 to 100 yards.

No matter what we tried it was always like that,everyone took a turn at lead and it was the same thing,even the 2 trailers saw different distances. And of course we all had slightly different pings.

When looking back we need that little sing you see in some car mirrors,things may be closer than they appear.