Author Topic: ETO MAP  (Read 753 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
ETO MAP
« on: October 14, 2022, 07:06:43 PM »
I am getting a poor frame rate due to the clouds and the mountains combined. It drops down to two frames per SECOND. Would it be possible to cut the clouds by 50%. I get a frame drop when downlow and being pursued changing my head positions again 2 frames per second. Did not turn out well  :x :x :x
AkCaine

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Re: ETO MAP
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 03:12:14 PM »
This happens whether in eight- or 16-inch guns, the yellow site appears to be about 30 degrees off from the original bow on position. The white site we'll never meet up with the yellow. I have shot at a boat directly on the bowl but when I jump to the gunner position, I'm shooting at something approximately 30 degrees off the bow. I am able to hit the targets as usual.

I tried a B29 run, and everything worked fine until I was at 18,000 and frame rate dropped. The frame rate dropped to 2 this also occurred at 26,000. When coming upon a target I like to jump to the nose Gunners position to see how the plane is lined up on target again frame rate drops to practically 0. Fortunately, while in the Bombardier position and looking down the clouds don't affect frame rate :bhead
AkCaine

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 05:38:13 PM »
Try "Disable Clutter in Flight" option
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 10:13:27 PM »
Try "Disable Clutter in Flight" option
[/quote
First thing I tried
AkCaine

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 11:53:38 AM »
Just now 9:45 AM Pacific Standard Time at field 49 on merge with K4 frame rate drop to 35, blew by and looking into the rear frame rate again dropped to 32, there were low cumulus clouds.

Earlier got into 8-inch gun and yellow site and White site do not align there's approximately a 30-degree offset. All this occurred with a single monitor. :x :x :x
AkCaine

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 12:08:29 PM »
Taking off and flying E out of a 61 low clouds at approximately 8K. Near clouds look good medium distance clouds are opaque at far distance have a dark outline of cloud with a very light interior , current frame rate of 60
AkCaine

Offline AlbertSk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2022, 12:51:06 PM »
I play in VR. Always excellent but last night for first time I had stuttering in headset. Only thing that happened since was a new NVIDIA driver updated. Wondering if it could be the new driver. Love the Mtn ranges & valleys.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2022, 03:20:46 AM »
my white sight is moved by my mouse and the yellow sight by the w, s, a or d keys or by the joystick.  I'm always moving my white sight around with the mouse.  Sometimes out of the way. 

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2022, 09:34:55 AM »
I use the yellow sight for vertical sighting on the target, the white sight is used for lead that goes beyond the yellow sight.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2022, 03:59:10 AM »
my white sight is moved by my mouse and the yellow sight by the w, s, a or d keys or by the joystick.  I'm always moving my white sight around with the mouse.  Sometimes out of the way. 

One-eye
Yellow sight, Yes.   White sight, don't recall ever seeing that one?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2022, 09:52:05 PM »
On current map FJORDMA I am getting a constant 60 frames per second. I think if you dial the clouds back to the same, that are on this map that will certainly help solve the problem. The only problem I've had on this map is the clouds obscuring target while I am in bombers. I've had no frame rate problems on the 2 prior maps! :banana: :banana: :banana:
AkCaine