Author Topic: Players that are gone but not forgotten.  (Read 7647 times)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Re: Players that are gone but not forgotten.
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2023, 05:11:48 PM »
Prior to our loss of ET37, a real life B-29 pilot, was the loss of his wife, Barbara. He posted, "Thanks to all who prayed for my wife! Thanks for being a friend when I needed someone <S>" The reply's, per a couple of screen shots I took, came from A8Cole, soulhntr, BAD1050. 27th, myself (HB555), MrCrowly, Oysters, bortas1, Fugitive, jetty, Nuker69, AKnot, airjer, SNIPER30, Nishizwa, Kabam, Jedi, 77Splat, Hetzer, cutlass and BudGray. Those are just the guys I caught with two screen shots. It wasn't long after Barbara died that ET37 followed her. How many of those guys are still around themselves?

Flew religiously w ET. The game was never the same for me after he was gone . Bomber Jock Extraordinaire

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2023, 12:45:29 PM »
Prior to our loss of ET37, a real life B-29 pilot, was the loss of his wife, Barbara. He posted, "Thanks to all who prayed for my wife! Thanks for being a friend when I needed someone <S>" The reply's, per a couple of screen shots I took, came from A8Cole, soulhntr, BAD1050. 27th, myself (HB555), MrCrowly, Oysters, bortas1, Fugitive, jetty, Nuker69, AKnot, airjer, SNIPER30, Nishizwa, Kabam, Jedi, 77Splat, Hetzer, cutlass and BudGray. Those are just the guys I caught with two screen shots. It wasn't long after Barbara died that ET37 followed her. How many of those guys are still around themselves?

:salute HB!  SKDenny and several of our squad (SkyKnights) participated in ET missions whenever possible.  It was so much fun listening to the practiced radio chatter with that long southern drawl the two of them had.  I wish I had saved some of those films  :cry
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Phrodd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2023, 07:56:05 PM »
Zulu and Earshot  :salute

Oh man,
   Miss both these guys.  Learned a lot from both of them.  Last time I talked to earshot/ Mike, he told me that he had never been in a real plane.  I never got to his neck of the woods to get him that ride I promised him.  <S>

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2023, 02:57:38 AM »
Earshot is gone?
That's what I've heard from friends close to him like Ttiger81 back in 2012. He was dealing with severe drug addiction to oxy and suicidal thoughts. Also a major craving for cookie dough.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"