Author Topic: Blizzard's Birthday-Who's Interested?  (Read 925 times)

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
Blizzard's Birthday-Who's Interested?
« on: July 28, 2022, 10:50:31 AM »
Okay so one of my cadet pals, callsign Blizzard, is having his birthday tomorrow. He does not have an MA subscription, and he's not very good at the game, but he does love doing silly stuff in Aces High/War Thunder/etc.

So here's what I'm thinking: Set up a custom arena for this, disable all guns on every fighter/stuff like the A-20 Havoc, so the only options are to ram people with fighters or dogfight in heavy bombers.

I figured it'd be a tad boring with just him and I, so I want to know, is anyone interested/able to make it around noon EST tomorrow for this? Should be like Monday Night Madness with an extra emphasis on the "Madness" part!  :airplane:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
Re: Blizzard's Birthday-Who's Interested?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 11:05:48 AM »
This sounds like a blast, right up my ally. Alas, I'm beholden to the GF for the rest of the weekend.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 11:11:19 AM »
I'll join.  Say when and where.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 01:38:00 PM »
Okay so one of my cadet pals, callsign Blizzard, is having his birthday tomorrow. He does not have an MA subscription, and he's not very good at the game, but he does love doing silly stuff in Aces High/War Thunder/etc.

So here's what I'm thinking: Set up a custom arena for this, disable all guns on every fighter/stuff like the A-20 Havoc, so the only options are to ram people with fighters or dogfight in heavy bombers.

I figured it'd be a tad boring with just him and I, so I want to know, is anyone interested/able to make it around noon EST tomorrow for this? Should be like Monday Night Madness with an extra emphasis on the "Madness" part!  :airplane:

20+ years ago, in WBs, the EZ Targets would all get together in the dueling arena for the Aluminum Waterfall.  The only real difference between that and MNM today is that everything was air start and you could fly any a/c in the inventory.  I used to love to launch a B25 with the ottoes blazing and firing that quad .50 nose gun.  So, I'm in.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 02:48:12 PM »
Cool! Kong and Decoy, we're looking at Noon Eastern Standard Time, which is 11 AM for my CST.
I'll figure out how to set up an arena, the title will be really obvious. You'll know which one it is.  :cheers:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 06:38:42 PM »
Cool! Kong and Decoy, we're looking at Noon Eastern Standard Time, which is 11 AM for my CST.
I'll figure out how to set up an arena, the title will be really obvious. You'll know which one it is.  :cheers:

Noon EST on 7/29.  I'll be there.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 11:58:59 PM »
Never heard of him
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 04:28:57 AM »
Never heard of him

Zack, you live in a house made out of twigs, old rolled up news papers and get internet via carrier pigeon... Of course you haven't heard of him  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 07:44:38 AM »
My kinda flight but Im outa town. Otherwise I wouldnt miss it.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2022, 10:12:23 AM »
unfortunately I'll be at work, would join in.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2022, 10:31:29 AM »
@work
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2022, 12:16:38 PM »
Sad y'all couldn't make it today.  :aok

The party was a blast! decoy and TangoRay showed up, along with me and Blizzard. We did such atrocities as me ramming Blizzard 3 times in a row with a 262 while he was in a wrecked Spit on the ground. Somehow, it took THREE hits to actually kill him! Oh well, 262s didn't cost anything  :rofl

Before long it just turned into an HVAR air to air fest! At one point I rammed decoy's formation of B26s with my Spit 16, managed to take all three of them down in one go because I damaged the leader.  :rofl :rofl

Lots of hilarious HVAR rocket kills, I scored a few myself. Very satisfying.

Thanks guys, I wanted to do something for Blizzard's birthday, and this was the best I could come up with.  :cheers:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2022, 12:20:27 PM »
Tig, I just posted the screenshot of the view from my cockpit after that last epic ditch.  You got everything but my joystick and me.  It's in the screenshot forum under Blizzard's Birthday.

Lot's of fun today.

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2022, 07:32:32 PM »
Sad y'all couldn't make it today.  :aok

The party was a blast! decoy and TangoRay showed up, along with me and Blizzard. We did such atrocities as me ramming Blizzard 3 times in a row with a 262 while he was in a wrecked Spit on the ground. Somehow, it took THREE hits to actually kill him! Oh well, 262s didn't cost anything  :rofl

Before long it just turned into an HVAR air to air fest! At one point I rammed decoy's formation of B26s with my Spit 16, managed to take all three of them down in one go because I damaged the leader.  :rofl :rofl

Lots of hilarious HVAR rocket kills, I scored a few myself. Very satisfying.

Thanks guys, I wanted to do something for Blizzard's birthday, and this was the best I could come up with.  :cheers:
You would have liked an old Squad that inhabited this game awhile back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khkocljpf8A&t=598s
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 08:47:12 PM by Bopgun »
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!