Author Topic: How electric vehicles could spell death for the oldest form of radio broadcastin  (Read 2374 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Tesla car heaters only work while the vehicle is moving. Broken down on the side of the road, . . . good luck!

So how does the glass defrost after sitting around in the winter?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
The car needs to be charged, and functional.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
The car needs to be charged, and functional.

You didn't answer the question. Does one have to drive the vehicle with frosted windows until the heater works?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Tesla car heaters only work while the vehicle is moving. Broken down on the side of the road, . . . good luck!

so the gas car the heater will work if you broken down?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
The discussion at this point is whether you'd rather be sitting all night next to an icy road in a fully charged electric car or a car with a full gas tank.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
The discussion at this point is whether you'd rather be sitting all night next to an icy road in a fully charged electric car or a car with a full gas tank.

the question is why would you go out at night on an icy road.

semp

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website

semp

To get to the other side.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars

semp

haha

Always the "why do you need that?" argument from people who want to ban everything to somehow justify whatever it is being forced down our throats.

Why do you need a gun that can fire  more than one musket ball every ten minutes?

I'd rather have a full tank of gas if I were going to drive in freezing temperatures. No way would I rely on an electric car's heater and range.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
haha

Always the "why do you need that?" argument from people who want to ban everything to somehow justify whatever it is being forced down our throats.

Why do you need a gun that can fire  more than one musket ball every ten minutes?

I'd rather have a full tank of gas if I were going to drive in freezing temperatures. No way would I rely on an electric car's heater and range.

hold it tex, might give you a heart attack. not sure what your rant is about

and thanks for being a Christian who doesn't judge others.

semp

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Psst

Electric cars might work in Europe where countries are the size of a state here

Same reason mass transit is a joke to most here..

We are way too big for it to work anywhere but a small limited area/function

I see it as self driving uber cabs, short distances, car pooling with others going your direction ..acceptable to some...mainly kids who have nothing else

All under the pretense that it is curing our climate because they say it is...

Nah just a transferring of wealth we are all going to pay for

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
If you’re worried about losing all your coin just give it to me,I promise to look after it.

EV’s might not be ready for prime time,mostly because they haven’t taken all your coin at the gas pumps quite yet. Soon enough there will be as many if not more charging station as there are gas stations,remember they can meter and charge you coin just like gas stations do.

I’d like to get a phev vehicle,most my daily driving could be done on the electric motor alone and I wouldn’t have to worry about range as it’s usually further than the same gas powered version but they’ve jacked the price of those vehicles to way over MSRP and the pay back isn’t worth it ATM. My annual cost for driving is between 1200 and 1500 bucks a year,until that doubles or more it just doesn’t make sense,sort of like paying 20 grand for a solar array that might save me 500 bucks a year. The return on investment just doesn’t add up.

That said you can drive an EV across my country right now,it was done a year or so ago and we don’t even have all the charging station that are supposed to be built yet. The city I live in has plenty of charging station,you can find them at almost ever parking lot and there’s a large station just off the byway to enable you to drive from Windsor to Toronto without worrying if your EV has the range.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member

and thanks for being a Christian who doesn't judge others.

semp

lol too funny

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
For simp to ponder...

Judging is wrong – except when it’s not. (Apparently, it’s wrong to judge someone’s sexual behavior, for example, but perfectly legitimate to judge someone for wearing fur or emitting too much carbon.) Yet, we judge all the time. (How could anyone hire a babysitter without judging?)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Teslas do have heaters. When there is snow and ice outside you can use your phone app to turn on the heater. You can also turn on the seat heaters as well remotely. Once the windows are defogged you can get in and it is nice and warm inside. The car does not have to be driving.

The same can be said for when it is 102 degrees F outside. You can remotely turn on the a/c with the phone app.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Also, there are still a lot of folks who listen to AM radio on their home stereo or portable radio.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)