Author Topic: Okay the 190 thread was fun and thought provoking let's talk about the Zeke  (Read 770 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Config it for a dog fight off of a carrier. 

Load out
config
tactics to come home in mostly one piece if a puff of air doesn't catch you on fire. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Never expect to survive if you are flying a Zeke in the MA.

Flying and fighting to kill as many as you can before you die is the only road to success in my opinion.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
Never expect to survive if you are flying a Zeke in the MA.

Flying and fighting to kill as many as you can before you die is the only road to success in my opinion.

This. The other day I took off in an A6M3 with 75% fuel to defend my CV from at least 5 enemy fighters. Well shortly after taking off, a Jug comes in and sinks my carrier, leaving me in the air with nowhere to land and a lot of bandits with a severe disadvantage. I counted 2 Corsairs, 2 Seafires, and the Jug at least. I stuck at wavetop level and baited one of the Seafires to turn with me, in the middle of the flak of my 4 remaining ships. After he broke off his chase turn, I reversed my turn really quick and got onto him. He tried to force an overshoot, but that didn't work against my Zeke. Sunk him.
Then a Corsair came and killed me.

Yeah, it really is a kill-as-many-as-you-can plane.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Fly like a butterfly sting like a bee :old:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
A6m-2
50% fuel and a drop tank
Gun convergence set to 200
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
That reminds me, we are going to BBQ on the grill this weekend.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
The few times I flew a fighter, I tend to use the 2 a bit until the 3 came along.  I just love how the 3 handles, and having more ammunition for the 20's makes it easier to stick around longer.  I know the 5 has better guns and and more power, but of the 3, the 3 is my fav.  I seem to "click" with her better.

I'm cray-cray, and would up with 100% every time regardless of being off a CV or off an airfield.  Convergence usually set to 300, but at times I would bring it in to as close as 200.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
I try and use it every time i log on, with most the planes in the air being LA7's, 51's and D-9's your not going to get many kills unless you get ganged and they start trying to turn with you.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Its a great plane for Monday night madness

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Its a great plane for Monday night madness

Eagler

Well until someone blows wind in your general direction and you burst into flames in my experience.  That said I did have a lot of fun in her in the AVA when they'd pit us up against 38's.  Turn em and burn em.  Just don't get hit LOL
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline save

• Gold Member
I preferred the Ki43 in front of the Zeke.

Like an American pilot stated about the Ki43 : " A good Oscar driver can send you home talking to yourself"
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
The A6M5b was my favorite ride when I played AH.  Think of yourself like a bull fighter.  Entice the enemy to charge you and keep stepping out of the way, taking a snapshot after they pass.  They will either run out of E, at which time they are yours, or they will run away.  If they run away take it as a win.

Low and slow is your playground.  Stay below 5K and don't leave the throttle firewalled.  Get your enemy to play to your strengths.

One notch of flaps at the right moment will increase instant turn and surprise your enemy.  Just don't forget to retract flaps ASAP to retain E.

The A6M5b's cannon have a noticeable round drop due to low velocity.  I set cannon convergence to maximum to raise the elevation and allow higher deflection snap shots.  When you get the feel for the cannon ballistics you will be able to take a snapshot on the bogey when it is below your nose on high deflection shots.

Hope this helps.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills