Author Topic: Experts warn California of a disaster 'larger than any in world history.' It's n  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
And not a single toilet paper shortage prediction among them.

Hey don't joke about the great toilet paper shortage of 2020.  I had the displeasure of watching the retirees lining up outside the store, coming in like the extra cast of The Walking Dead, and depleting a full shelf in 15 minutes three times a week for a couple of months. 

The good news is I controlled what went to the shelf and what didn't.  Guess who never ran out of it? 

*nasty tone* 'are you out of toilet paper again?'
*looks at shelf* 'yes maam'
'well don't you have any in the back?'
'no maam'
'are you sure? you didn't look'
'because lady I run this department, I know what I have in the back, and there isn't any back there I promise'
*storms off in a huff*

Guess i neglected to tell her I had a couple of cases stashed for employees and customers with manners.. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Some ladies don't like being lied to.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Hey don't joke about the great toilet paper shortage of 2020.  I had the displeasure of watching the retirees lining up outside the store, coming in like the extra cast of The Walking Dead, and depleting a full shelf in 15 minutes three times a week for a couple of months. 

The good news is I controlled what went to the shelf and what didn't.  Guess who never ran out of it? 

*nasty tone* 'are you out of toilet paper again?'
*looks at shelf* 'yes maam'
'well don't you have any in the back?'
'no maam'
'are you sure? you didn't look'
'because lady I run this department, I know what I have in the back, and there isn't any back there I promise'
*storms off in a huff*

Guess i neglected to tell her I had a couple of cases stashed for employees and customers with manners..

Yup, people don't realize that if you cannot increase prices for your supply shortage and/or buyers rush, than the only thing you can do is hide it so you don't run out and can stay in business. They call it "price gouging" from the same people who try to tell us how economics works... only oil companies are allowed to do that  :rofl
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion