Author Topic: Forty eight people in the main on Saturday ??  (Read 5517 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: Forty eight people in the main on Saturday ??
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2022, 03:32:05 PM »
But my conclusion was correct wasn't it.

Also I am correct that war fighters dont care  about the size of the map. Because in fighting the war it makes no difference.

It does make a big difference to others. The large maps worked in the day of 300 or better  They dont with 50 players.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2022, 04:05:04 PM »
Would it help any if the large maps were divided up into 6 country sections instead of 3?? What I mean is to set up each country into 2 separated sections instead of the 1 we have today. That would create more fronts for combat. Of course it would spread the players around more too.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2022, 01:46:51 AM »
Would it help any if the large maps were divided up into 6 country sections instead of 3?? What I mean is to set up each country into 2 separated sections instead of the 1 we have today. That would create more fronts for combat. Of course it would spread the players around more too.
it would help if Mr.Outahere would implement replace a current map with yours. + on that

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2022, 06:56:23 AM »
I think we are all for removing the larger most resented maps from the rotation and trying that for a bit

But as that request seems too much not sure if anything should be expected

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2022, 07:17:14 AM »
Big maps suck for the numbers this game has now.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2022, 08:56:52 AM »
Some small maps I’d actually prefer to see go first.

Baltic is ancient and even though it’s small the bases really aren’t that close to each other, especially after the east side bases opposite of each other are captured. There are also no GV spawns to the enemy to start and even when they open up they are really long drives.

Mindinao is a total mixture of everything bad (sorry Higheye), the eastern country is always at a disadvantage unless they capture lots of bases quick. The high altitude bases are surrounded by low alt bases which obviously is a major advantage for only one country. It was said that it is a scenario map that ‘somehow made it into MA rotation’. Try spawning in and see how long it takes to get through the palm trees  :bhead

Both I believe are AH1 maps!  Really AH1…

Mindinao was up all last week, about 5 days I believe and #’s weren’t good even in prime time…

Buzzsaw for as much complaining about it here is far superior to find a fight quick where you don’t spend 10 mins climbing to alt to negate the enemy taking off from a 4-5k base.

Ymmv from mine.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2022, 01:08:00 PM »
Need to cater to the guys who fly planes and shoot other planes down. Not the guys apotato peeling in bombers on long strat runs for score.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2022, 01:12:58 PM »
Need to cater to the guys who fly planes and shoot other planes down. Not the guys apotato peeling in bombers on long strat runs for score.

Agreed.  The endless action in the arena back in 2000 is what got my hooked. 

Now I log in a couple days a week if lucky, and end up normally country hopping to find a decent fight. Usually due to the current map being TOO BIG!

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2022, 02:59:42 PM »
But my conclusion was correct wasn't it.

No.  It wasn't.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2022, 03:48:23 PM »

Players bomb the strats as much for score as other players shoot down fighters for it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2022, 04:46:40 PM »

My position won't be very popular, but I think we need to remove all the maps would fighter towns/ tank towns on them and get more players back into the main battle areas.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2022, 04:51:34 PM »
You can usually find a good fight on most maps...

It's the 15 to 30 minutes in between that kills it for me

I find myself just getting killed to save the long and boring flights back to base to land the kills and then all the way back to the fight from take off...

When you only have about an hour a day you don't want to spend half the time flying from point a to b..

That is why tonight I will be in MNM...more kills in there in an hour then all the rest of the week combined

Eagler

That's what I've been saying for years and it's why so many fly the 190D and fast planes so they can get to the action faster.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2022, 05:29:30 PM »

My position won't be very popular, but I think we need to remove all the maps would fighter towns/ tank towns on them and get more players back into the main battle areas.

CAV

I actually have the same opinion regarding the MA for the most part. You dont need a TT or Fighter town in a map if the base layout drives action and builds bigger battles between areas. You can make the map have natural fighter zones where all 3 teams have the chance to fight it out. TT and FTs drive action away from the "point" of the MA, which is to battle for bases and win the map. If the battle between bases is big. No need for FT or TT.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2022, 06:06:36 PM »
One map has a place for fighters. The fighter guys head to NDIsles center island. Great spot that always seems to have good fights, has a large gv area so the ground guys come too. By far my favorite map.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2022, 08:02:03 PM »
*meant the country that gets the western side of Mindinao. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 08:03:59 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?