Author Topic: Tesla 500 mile range Semi will cost more than $200,000  (Read 13333 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Tesla 500 mile range Semi will cost more than $200,000
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2022, 07:56:24 AM »
Anyone have the environmental hit from drilling for oil/gas including fracking and spills? Oh forgot to include the tail pipe emissions…..

See how that works… :rolleyes:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2022, 08:49:52 AM »
Anyone have the environmental hit from drilling for oil/gas including fracking and spills? Oh forgot to include the tail pipe emissions…..

All for a side by side comparison...

Don't forget the coal fired power used to charge your green cars in the equation...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2022, 08:59:27 AM »

What about tail pipe and smoke stack emissions used in transporting the materials and refining them for the battery, the emissions used in the mining process for the battery material and the material the cars are made of, and used in the construction of the electric cars? Thats not taken into the equation because that would make the cars not very green, but people arent supposed to question or know that. They are told to buy this right now or the world will end if you dont.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2022, 09:25:43 AM »
Best boogeyman ever!

Gore's brightest moment of corrupt brilliance..

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2022, 09:34:41 AM »
I was reading about CO2 shortages the other day. Had to laugh.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2022, 09:52:53 AM »
All for a side by side comparison...

Don't forget the coal fired power used to charge your green cars in the equation...

Eagler

We use almost no coal to produce electricity and we have more than enough oil/ng for the next 100 years or so.

I’m not forgetting anything,you brought up the environmental impact on mining lithium,it’s silly excuse as any type of energy extraction is gonna have an impact,the really question is do you want to leave an improved environment and do you care what the next generation has to deal with?

All for the sake of demasculating the types of vehicles we drive,I still use a car powered by Dino wee wee but that doesn’t mean I’m against the EV types. Personally I’m more for hydrogen tech but it’s not as ready as electricity is.

I bet you use cordless tools….hmm maybe a switch back to corded or even gas powered ones should be in order.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2022, 10:03:39 AM »
Cordless tools are a great example of continuous battery issues..B&D especially..dewalt is slightly better

My electric blower er blows away my battery powered one :)

Eagler

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2022, 12:56:58 PM »
Cordless tools are a great example of continuous battery issues..B&D especially..dewalt is slightly better

Eagler

curious how you tested the blowing power.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2022, 01:19:29 PM »
curious how you tested the blowing power.

semp

Mk I Eyeball Detector.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2022, 01:25:39 PM »
Unexpectedly good workup of future Tesla Semi sales and profit and a comparison to diesel semis, that I just watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp6fUwdhE_s&t=4586s

Timestamped link to the place where they talk through the numbers, correct each other, give their reasonings, etc.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2022, 01:38:04 PM »

We use almost no coal to produce electricity and we have more than enough oil/ng for the next 100 years or so.

I’m not forgetting anything,you brought up the environmental impact on mining lithium,it’s silly excuse as any type of energy extraction is gonna have an impact,the really question is do you want to leave an improved environment and do you care what the next generation has to deal with?

All for the sake of demasculating the types of vehicles we drive,I still use a car powered by Dino wee wee but that doesn’t mean I’m against the EV types. Personally I’m more for hydrogen tech but it’s not as ready as electricity is.

I bet you use cordless tools….hmm maybe a switch back to corded or even gas powered ones should be in order.

spitbull is that you?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2022, 08:38:59 PM »
Unexpectedly good workup of future Tesla Semi sales and profit and a comparison to diesel semis, that I just watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp6fUwdhE_s&t=4586s

Timestamped link to the place where they talk through the numbers, correct each other, give their reasonings, etc.

Sorry but that was utter rubbish, those guys were just pulling numbers out of their backside - especially around the margins.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2022, 09:37:52 PM »
My house isn't worth $200k
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2022, 09:51:25 PM »

Eagler

My 40V battery weed eater and blower are sufficient but yeah, the power corded one I use infrequently is much more powerful. Still, gas power is King.  The blower on the far right starts hurricanes.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 10:00:36 PM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2022, 11:49:52 PM »
PepsiCo has reserved at least 100 of the trucks, which were originally listed for $180,000 and qualify for a $40,000 federal tax incentive.

Almost 1/4 the cost subsidized by taxpayers  :uhoh
They're casting their bait over there, see?