Author Topic: Get Ready For Some Football  (Read 8218 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Get Ready For Some Football
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2022, 10:45:16 AM »
How about my frogs pulling OU's pants down and spanking their butts raw yesterday?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2022, 10:46:26 AM »
How about my frogs pulling OU's pants down and spanking their butts raw yesterday?

That's just nasty, man.  :rofl

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2022, 11:30:51 AM »

That was impressive.  There is now talk of TCU winning the Big12.  It's not an easy schedule, though -- still have several tough games ahead.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2022, 05:03:10 PM »
Buckeyes are doing OK. They slipped a little yesterday though by only winning by 39.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2022, 06:51:10 PM »
That was impressive.  There is now talk of TCU winning the Big12.  It's not an easy schedule, though -- still have several tough games ahead.

Indeed it is.  I think next two weeks will tell if they're legit or not.  OU looked like they forgot how to play football Saturday. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2022, 08:06:15 PM »
Buckeyes are doing OK. They slipped a little yesterday though by only winning by 39.
Har har. Can't wait for the world to end when OSU struggles in 1 game. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2022, 02:26:38 PM »
Next

Texas A & M

ROLL TIDE !!!
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2022, 03:37:41 PM »
Nebraska fired their "Golden Child" Scott Frost (that guy disgusts me), named another ex-NU quarterback as interim Head Coach (Mickey Joseph, brother of former Denver Bronco's HC Vance Joseph) who then fired the DC Erik Chinander.

Under Frost we'd likely be 1-4 now instead of 2-3 but we'll see how the rest of the season goes. The game vs Indiana showed promise (NU victory, 35-21) because the players never quit, their on field intensity didn't seem to waver no matter what happened.

The downside? They were penalized 13 times...
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2022, 03:38:40 PM »

I hope that wasn't televised...   :bolt:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2022, 10:46:44 PM »
Nebraska fired their "Golden Child" Scott Frost (that guy disgusts me)

I don't follow Nebraska much.  Why do people dislike Frost so much other than Nebraska's win/loss ratio?

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2022, 10:53:02 PM »
Bizarre bad news for my beloved Wolverines.

With about 4 minutes left in the Michigan/Iowa game, Michigan punted.  During that play, two starters on special teams, the gunner and the long snapper, who are roommates, suffered season-ending knee injuries.  They happened at about the same location on the field.  One of them was even an open-field non-contact torn ACL.

That is some bizarrely horrible luck.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2022, 11:48:42 PM »
I don't follow Nebraska much.  Why do people dislike Frost so much other than Nebraska's win/loss ratio?

Remember Lawrence Phillips? Lawrence beat up his ex-g/f because Frost had been banging her, while Frost hid in a closet... Phillips drug that poor woman down the stairs by her hair...while Frost hid in a closet... Multiple times Frost had to be told to stay away from other players wives/girlfriends by the head coach at the time, Tom Osborne.

He went to high school in Wood River Nebraska where he broke most of the high school passing records and Osborne tried to recruit him but Frost wanted to play qb in the NFL so he went to play for George Walsh at Stanford. After Walsh moved him to safety he pouted and left for Nebraska where he was assured he could play qb.

People still blame him for not winning the national title in 96 due to his poor performance vs Arizona St in Tempe that year. A title that year would have meant four in a row, 94, 95, 96 and 97. Those guys would have been legendary.

Interestingly enough he got drafted after the 97 season and played for 4 teams in 6 years...as a safety... If he'd have stayed with Walsh he'd probably have had a fantastic NFL career as a safety, his loss though.

During his stint at Nebraska there were lots of rumors going around and at least some of them were true, like him being late for practice and hanging out with young women that were not his wife (strippers and prostitutes) at a bar in Lincoln that Matt Davison is part owner of. (SomethingGate, I forget what exactly atm) Davison was a wideout during Nebraska's glory days and he was the one that caught the ball for a touchdown in the Missouri game that year. Except, it wasn't a catch because another player (Nebraska) prevented it from hitting the groud by kicking it up into the air just enough for Davis to grab it. Referees missed that one. Frost and Davison are best friends and Davison ended up as an Associate Athletic Director shortly after Frost was hired.

And to add a few cherries to the top? Frost made $35 million in just over 4 years as head coach with a win/loss record of 16-31.

Personally, I haven't liked the bawstud since he went to Stawnfud and for purely personal reasons I absolutely loathe people that cheat on their loved ones.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 11:50:56 PM by Elfie »

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2022, 11:59:41 PM »
Bizarre bad news for my beloved Wolverines.

With about 4 minutes left in the Michigan/Iowa game, Michigan punted.  During that play, two starters on special teams, the gunner and the long snapper, who are roommates, suffered season-ending knee injuries.  They happened at about the same location on the field.  One of them was even an open-field non-contact torn ACL.

That is some bizarrely horrible luck.

Indeed it is.

More bizarrely horrible luck.

Years ago (85/86 I think) a Nebraska I-back torn his ACL and didn't play again until the next fall. He took the opening kickoff and tore the ACL in the other knee ending his football career.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2022, 02:50:33 PM »
EEEEEWIEEEEE did Texas lay the wood on OU today or what?  49 - 0 Texas.  I don't remember a shut out in my lifetime for the Red River Rivalry. 

And, of course, my beloved frogs outlasted Kansas to make it to 5 - 0.  I was worried about this game. 

So far it's been a good football weekend. 

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2022, 09:36:01 AM »
Watched the AF vs Utah game last night. Great back and forth but the AF lost steam in the 4th quarter. still a great game to watch.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown