Author Topic: For the Aerodynamic Experts  (Read 622 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
For the Aerodynamic Experts
« on: September 15, 2022, 02:39:46 PM »
How many out there have been driving and out of nowhere with no warning the greatest vehicle in the world just passed you by.  Which vehicle?  The inner 10-year-old that screams The Oscar Mayer Hotdogmobile!!!

You know that's a party bus just waiting to happen.  The topic is about aerodynamics.  What foes that have to do with the best party bus in the world?

Don't hate me for having a great light bulb moment and you didn't think of before me.

Take the Hotdogmobile and load into a C-5 Galaxy.  Your hamster wheel is starting to turn.  Don't just jump too far ahead.

You might as well.  It's real simple now.

Install seat harnesses inside and fill the seats with bodies.  When the altitude reaches 20,000 ft., lower the rear cargo door down and drive the bus straight out the back.

How do you SAFELY accomplish this?
1) Bus needs to stay level during freefall.
2) Bus needs to be steerable in air from chutes.
3) Bus needs to be released from chutes on the ground and drive away instantly.

Be honest, after reading this, how many are wanting to do this?

Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: For the Aerodynamic Experts
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 03:19:11 PM »
I didn't think cannabis was legal in Missouri?   :headscratch:
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 03:27:38 PM »

Hey, don't Bogart that chitz.  Pass it along, Bruh.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 03:30:40 PM »
How many out there have been driving and out of nowhere with no warning the greatest vehicle in the world just passed you by.  Which vehicle?  The inner 10-year-old that screams The Oscar Mayer Hotdogmobile!!!

You know that's a party bus just waiting to happen.  The topic is about aerodynamics.  What foes that have to do with the best party bus in the world?

Don't hate me for having a great light bulb moment and you didn't think of before me.

Take the Hotdogmobile and load into a C-5 Galaxy.  Your hamster wheel is starting to turn.  Don't just jump too far ahead.

You might as well.  It's real simple now.

Install seat harnesses inside and fill the seats with bodies.  When the altitude reaches 20,000 ft., lower the rear cargo door down and drive the bus straight out the back.

How do you SAFELY accomplish this?
1) Bus needs to stay level during freefall.
2) Bus needs to be steerable in air from chutes.
3) Bus needs to be released from chutes on the ground and drive away instantly.

Be honest, after reading this, how many are wanting to do this?

Short answer: Can't happen.  Frame/body not designed for something like that.  It would fall apart on the decent, if not on impact of landing.

They'd need to do some serious work for it to withstand the stresses from the whole ordeal.

Thing is, I'd watch it!  :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 09:10:04 PM »
Scenario one - kersplat

Scenario two - see #1
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 09:54:30 PM »

:rofl

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 11:35:21 PM »
Short answer: Can't happen.  Frame/body not designed for something like that.  It would fall apart on the decent, if not on impact of landing.

They'd need to do some serious work for it to withstand the stresses from the whole ordeal.

Thing is, I'd watch it!  :D

well the winner mobile survived a flood in damnatio alley and a tank did land using parachutes in a team.   too bad Stanley Kubrick died he would have figured out how to do it. after all he faked the moon landing by filming it on the moon.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2022, 11:52:35 AM »

Soon

And Columbia has always been lets say different and ahead of the curve on things like this.  :noid   :devil

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2022, 01:53:47 PM »
I am thinking there will be serious bun/weiner separation on decent. If you charge for viewing, you might make some bread but I believe this whole idea will go to the dogs.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2022, 02:57:06 PM »
The wiener mobiles aerodynamic body wont cut the mustard on an ucontrolled descent
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2022, 09:24:05 AM »
Bodywork not strong enough for high speeds.    I see cars suffer bodywork failures all the time when we run tests at the SLF.