Author Topic: GTX670  (Read 1822 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: GTX670
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2022, 09:25:54 AM »
That is a shame - I've learned after one mishap to always leave the video card out of the socket for ship/transport. I usually bubble wrap it and tape it to the bottom of the case or the PSU somewhere.

Kudos to you TC for going out of your way to help him!

I've never dealt much with AMD but found something here for $45, not sure if it's worth it or not:
https://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/comments/xpwoy3/usact_h_amd_fx_processors_am3_motherboard_ddr3/

Obviously this would entail him swapping the CPU out of the old mobo and swapping the mobo out of the case, dunno if that is too much. :salute

Well that was my first mishap and it was a big one considering it missed 2 or 3 scans of tracking according to my long time family friend(s) (Gina and her Late mother) at our post office...once she found out about it not arriving in 3 days (she was on vacation for 2 weeks) and I caught up with her she was on it like a bluetick after a coon....

I have more PCs and at first was sending him one that I was wanting to update from ultimate 7 to windows 10 pro...but I don't have it financially at this particular time,  so I knew that one was complete and capable and tested it before I boxed it up etc....first time out of over 20+ PCs I've shipped to ever have a problem....

Fixing to go to Doctors office.... I  need to think about this for a Lil bit...

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2022, 09:55:33 AM »
Too much for lunatic to do....I  was doing the best I could over the phone and through pictures he was sending me... gonna file a damage claim today...

---
He lives in Texas,  I am in NC...
Isn't there a PC repair shop or a local house call tech (like me) or a handy son of a neighbour in Texas? It shouldn't cost too much to get the system checked. Something like 50 bucks or less seems to be a common charge for basic troubleshooting here.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2022, 10:30:41 AM »
This brings back a memory from the TRW days. A guy got a replacement board that supposedly worked but didn’t on arrival at the shop and they couldn't figure out why. I was one of the younger techs and not even trained on it but took a look. I noticed a component on the board was bent over touching another and pointed it out and separated them. They tested it again and it worked. Maybe tangentially related.
Any transistors or resistors on the mb bent out of shape that can be manipulated back into shape?  If things were bouncing around it had to bounce off quite a few things.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54