Author Topic: Perk the manned gun kills  (Read 4173 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Perk the manned gun kills
« on: September 18, 2022, 06:12:17 PM »
There I was at 26,000 feet in the B29s when whammo an 88 got me. I rolled in to kill a VH and whammo an 88 got me. I think since they have no problems killing perk planes, When you kill them, you should at least get a kill message on who was in the gun if not additional perk points. As Elvis would say thank you very much :banana: :banana: :banana:
AkCaine

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
Re: Perk the manned gun kills
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 06:56:38 PM »
There I was at 26,000 feet in the B29s when whammo an 88 got me. I rolled in to kill a VH and whammo an 88 got me. I think since they have no problems killing perk planes, When you kill them, you should at least get a kill message on who was in the gun if not additional perk points. As Elvis would say thank you very much :banana: :banana: :banana:

Agreed. The fact that gunners cannot be killed, making AA guns have a flawless K/D is ridiculous. It's a one way battle and it's incredibly frustrating. Gun squatters get it too easy, this is an air combat game, not a shooting range!!  :furious
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 03:30:40 AM »
this is an air combat game, not a shooting range!! 

Exactly..... so why are yall attacking a base?  :banana:      :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 06:13:45 AM »
Manned guns are the handicap parking for AH...

If you can't fly a fighter,  bomber or crawl around in a gv...you can man gun.

And yes they need to be perked as one 88 was not able to do what some can do with it here...kills the other forms of game play

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 06:28:28 AM »
Exactly..... so why are yall attacking a base?  :banana:      :rofl

Because that's where all the flak huggers are at.  :noid

I will say there's been some good mid-high alt fights lately, last few major battles I've shown up to have been in excess of 10,000 feet by the time I arrive in my Mossy.  :airplane:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 10:37:16 AM »
Next people will be wanting the terrain to be perked since it has an excellent K/D ratio  :devil well do the manned guns have a perk value at least?
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 12:28:17 PM »
I think a lot of those guys in B17s and B24s over Europe wished the German's would've perked and nerfed the 88 aswell.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 01:17:11 PM »
Always annoyed me in a player vs player game, the manned ack wasn't a scored and kill counted category.  It just gives folks a safe place to hide, with no gain or consequences for success or failure.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 02:27:24 PM »
I'd like to see them gone entirely. They're nothing but an annoyance to the few folks left actually dogfighting. Or as some do, a risk-free way to get revenge on the guy that just shot you down. I guess I shouldn't JUDGE people's motivations... :bolt:

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2022, 03:16:02 PM »
I'd like to see them gone entirely. They're nothing but an annoyance to the few folks left actually dogfighting. Or as some do, a risk-free way to get revenge on the guy that just shot you down. I guess I shouldn't JUDGE people's motivations... :bolt:

I SEE what ya did there  :devil

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2022, 04:28:51 PM »
You all talk as though anyone can just jump in a Deck gun position and start dropping planes out the sky. It's not as easy as that. Takes practice and that's how you get to Carnegie Hall.

The players using the deck guns pay $14.99 just like everyone else.

Whether the rope is new or old people will complain.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2022, 06:02:12 PM »

I agree. All manned guns should be AI. No reason a player should be able to take the easy way out and point n shoot in manned guns. If I spend 10 minutes to get alt and fly to a base to Jabo, or spend 20 minutes getting alt in bombers to bomb a base. Why should a player be able to lazely get into a manned ack and one ping kill someone who spent all of that time. They have enough trouble with AI puff ack and AAA as it is. Plus the gunner gets all of the reward while the person who spent tons of time gets absolutely nothing for it but a few damage points. We've gone over this for years but Hitech just doesn't get it. Being gunned down by a stupid lazy manned ack only makes the fighter/jabo/bomber want to log off and do something else. Ain't no one gonna stop playing if they can't get in a manned gun.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2022, 06:16:15 PM »

The problem is that their $14.99 is devaluing my $14.99, since they're playing a game that I'm not, and that they cannot be defeated in. Their only purpose is to infringe upon my (flying) game. There are plenty of space invader games out there for the folks that can't/won't fly.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2022, 07:23:22 PM »
You all talk as though anyone can just jump in a Deck gun position and start dropping planes out the sky. It's not as easy as that. Takes practice and that's how you get to Carnegie Hall.

Whether the rope is new or old people will complain.

I agree.  As a scored category.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2022, 07:33:01 PM »
ya make em killable and scoreable. 

I'm all good with the furball and the base taking.  Whatevers your pleasure.  But going after manned ack should be something that shows up in your score. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute