Author Topic: Perk the manned gun kills  (Read 4165 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Perk the manned gun kills
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2022, 07:35:39 PM »
ya make em killable and scoreable. 

I'm all good with the furball and the base taking.  Whatevers your pleasure.  But going after manned ack should be something that shows up in your score.

And their score.

A life for a life.. lol

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2022, 09:58:00 PM »
I agree. All manned guns should be AI. No reason a player should be able to take the easy way out and point n shoot in manned guns. If I spend 10 minutes to get alt and fly to a base to Jabo

you mean vulch.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2022, 05:23:56 AM »
Let's take it further then...... why have GVs in a "Air Combat" game? Take those out too. We really do not need bombers, they do not contribute to the AIR combat...... we really only need one terrain as we will all be in the air fighting...... why..  . Oh never mind......
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2022, 06:34:54 AM »
The problem is that their $14.99 is devaluing my $14.99, since they're playing a game that I'm not, and that they cannot be defeated in. Their only purpose is to infringe upon my (flying) game. There are plenty of space invader games out there for the folks that can't/won't fly.

It's all about you huh?
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2022, 07:54:04 AM »
you mean vulch.

Vulching still takes time to get to a base and generally requires that you knock out all of the AAA anyway. It's still less lazy than a manned ack. Manned acks hardly prevent vulching anyway. You can also roll a Wirble which is not quite as lazy to prevent a vulch.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2022, 08:09:01 AM »
I know of no other game that you can actively kill other players without putting yourself at risk. It just seems ridiculous. Can you imagine if CoD had incognito gun turrets floating around?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2022, 08:28:52 AM »
I know of no other game that you can actively kill other players without putting yourself at risk. It just seems ridiculous. Can you imagine if CoD had incognito gun turrets floating around?

Serious question:  Manned ack can't be killed?

News to me.

- oldman

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2022, 08:56:15 AM »
carry rockets, you can kill them from pretty far out with practice.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2022, 09:34:46 AM »
It's the ridiculous accuracy of the manned 88 that ruins any a2a anywhere near a base

The mg's are not much of an issue and can usually be knocked out with the unmanned ack without too much difficulty

The 88 should be AI only imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2022, 10:20:33 AM »
Serious question:  Manned ack can't be killed?

News to me.

- oldman

Yes, you can take out the guns, but not the player firing them. De-acking fields isn't really what the furballers are looking to do though.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2022, 11:52:12 AM »
Yes, you can take out the guns, but not the player firing them. De-acking fields isn't really what the furballers are looking to do though.

I guess I'm just slow.  If you kill the gun, doesn't the player have to move to a different gun?  That's no different from if he's sitting in a Panzer IV and you blow it up...is it...?

As for my fellow furballers, if they're going to go that close to an airfield, they ought to expect to get shot at by ack.

- oldman

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2022, 12:01:19 PM »
I guess I'm just slow.  If you kill the gun, doesn't the player have to move to a different gun?  That's no different from if he's sitting in a Panzer IV and you blow it up...is it...?

As for my fellow furballers, if they're going to go that close to an airfield, they ought to expect to get shot at by ack.

- oldman

Yes, it is different, since if you kill the Panzer you get a kill and he gets a death. There are no such consequences for manned guns which is the point of this thread.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2022, 12:11:38 PM »
Most German 88 gunner hours pale in comparison to gunners here in AH. Same with the people flying. So many hours of shooting will make you much better.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2022, 12:12:17 PM »
Yes, it is different, since if you kill the Panzer you get a kill and he gets a death. There are no such consequences for manned guns which is the point of this thread.

But you can up another tank...... his gun is gone for some time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2022, 12:26:18 PM »

- oldman

So its just like the bomb-n-bailers

they don't get a kill recorded for it. Cuz getting kills means the world. Not playing a game
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys