Author Topic: Perk the manned gun kills  (Read 4259 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk the manned gun kills
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2022, 12:28:58 PM »
Most German 88 gunner hours pale in comparison to gunners here in AH. Same with the people flying. So many hours of shooting will make you much better.

Even better than radar guided 88's of ww2

They are game killers...add this to large maps and fewer players and it doesn't look good to any new potential subscribers imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2022, 12:35:11 PM »
Yes, it is different, since if you kill the Panzer you get a kill and he gets a death. There are no such consequences for manned guns which is the point of this thread.

So it's a score thing.  I get it now.

- oldman

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2022, 12:57:34 PM »
So it's a score thing.  I get it now.

- oldman

Not quite,oldman. It's a consequences thing. In a PvP game no player should be in a position to be able to kill other players, but not be killed themselves. It's a recipe for frustration.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2022, 01:04:32 PM »
Seeing all the crying makes me want to log into the game and jump in a manned gun.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2022, 04:25:20 PM »
If an 88 can get a kill killing me in a plane...we should get credit for killing a manned 88.  :old:
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2022, 04:30:41 PM »
Seeing all the crying makes me want to log into the game and jump in a manned gun.

Crying? That sounds an awful lot like the chants of the most weak minded of ch200 trolls incapable of reasoned dialogue.

As long as you spend your $14.99, I don't think anyone cares if you want to be the manned gun hero doing your best to interrupt people's fun without any consequences. I'd prefer that everyone flies planes in this supposed air combat game, but to each their own, I guess. Either way it would be nice to see you login. It's been a while.

I don't think anyone here has illusions of anything changing, but sharing opinions can at least be cathartic, even with the typical argumentative types dredging up the usual "muh score"... "it's my $14.99" or "waaa" drivel.

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2022, 05:59:19 PM »
Agreed  :rofl
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2022, 06:15:06 PM »
Next people will be wanting the terrain to be perked since it has an excellent K/D ratio  :devil well do the manned guns have a perk value at leas
[/quote
Well people were already tried to get land mines in the game.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2022, 06:19:06 PM »
There I was at 26,000 feet in the B29s when whammo an 88 got me. I rolled in to kill a VH and whammo an 88 got me. I think since they have no problems killing perk planes, When you kill them, you should at least get a kill message on who was in the gun if not additional perk points. As Elvis would say thank you very much :banana: :banana: :banana:
That's pretty darn good shooting with an 88.
I wonder who the marksman is?
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2022, 06:36:09 PM »
If an 88 can get a kill killing me in a plane...we should get credit for killing a manned 88.  :old:

This exactly

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2022, 08:56:02 PM »
Not quite,oldman. It's a consequences thing. In a PvP game no player should be in a position to be able to kill other players, but not be killed themselves. It's a recipe for frustration.

I'm not arguing.  Lots of players are interested in scores, and we need everyone we can get!  But if the manned ack guy doesn't care about KD ratio and that sort of thing, and if the guy who bombs him doesn't care either, things are fine just as they are.

I don't know how difficult it would be for HTC to change the program to implement a you-die-if-you-were-killed-in-manned-ack-and-the-killer-gets-a-kill.  If it can be done easily, I'm all for it.

That said, I don't think I'll quit the game for this sort of issue.

- oldman

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2022, 10:02:33 PM »
Crying? That sounds an awful lot like the chants of the most weak minded of ch200 trolls incapable of reasoned dialogue.

As long as you spend your $14.99, I don't think anyone cares if you want to be the manned gun hero doing your best to interrupt people's fun without any consequences. I'd prefer that everyone flies planes in this supposed air combat game, but to each their own, I guess. Either way it would be nice to see you login. It's been a while.

I don't think anyone here has illusions of anything changing, but sharing opinions can at least be cathartic, even with the typical argumentative types dredging up the usual "muh score"... "it's my $14.99" or "waaa" drivel.

I don't get in the 88's that often. I like the 37mm and the big guns on the ships. I like flying planes. I like flying bombers and doing GV stuff. I try to do every aspect of this game and I always have. It's FUN entertainment.

As far as logging in I am at every FSO for sure. The rest of my flight sim time is dedicated to DCS. The UH-1H is a lot more fun than Aces High has to offer. Every now and then I will play melee arena.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2022, 04:22:06 AM »
Do you get points for kills in a ground gun?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 04:24:47 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2022, 04:32:04 AM »
Its been pretty bad lately, since i'm overseas I play against low numbers.  People will defend in every single manned gun, and then not bother to defend their bases once those guns are down.  Its making for easy base captures, but lacking in human interaction.
If I attack in a plane, they'll just defend the base in manned guns again and then up wirbles once those are dead, but then tower as soon as you attack them so they can't die.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2022, 06:08:47 AM »
Its been pretty bad lately, since i'm overseas I play against low numbers.  People will defend in every single manned gun, and then not bother to defend their bases once those guns are down.  Its making for easy base captures, but lacking in human interaction.
If I attack in a plane, they'll just defend the base in manned guns again and then up wirbles once those are dead, but then tower as soon as you attack them so they can't die.

Man yesterday I got lucky. Had to defend one base from a Bish CV, then once that was clear I jumped to another base which was being mobbed by a Rook CV. Plenty of low alt dogfighting, I saw a lot of Hellcats and Zeros.
I even got to use that "pee your pants overshoot" you taught me on that day we dueled in Seafires.  :cheers:
F6F Hellcat lined up on my Spit 9's tail, I threw us into a rolling scissors, chopped my throttle, and yanked back on the stick. We spun by each other with only a meter to spare. Maybe less. Still kicking myself for not recording that.  :rock

Do you get points for kills in a ground gun?

Yes.  :noid
Turn n' Burn!