Author Topic: Perk the manned gun kills  (Read 4264 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk the manned gun kills
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2022, 06:59:12 AM »
Give a rats behind for a kill score when the 88 is taken out...

I think it should be an inaccurate AI 88 to improve gameplay for the majority of players..all of us in planes especially

It was an a2a game to start wasn't it?

Never has been anything else for some of us...we tolerate the other aspects of the game

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2022, 07:23:57 AM »
As long as we are shouting into the wind....

Make GV icon range the same for friendly and enemy.  Getting dragged to an invisible wirble is much more annoying to me than manned guns.  At least I know where the guns are and can easily avoid them.

We return you to the originally scheduled rant...  :D

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2022, 08:27:44 AM »

Make GV icon range the same for friendly and enemy.  Getting dragged to an invisible wirble is much more annoying to me than manned guns.  At least I know where the guns are and can easily avoid them.

Like you don't bomb enough GV's as it is??? :rofl :rofl
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2022, 09:05:36 AM »
I would prefer to fight airplanes, but that seems to be out of fashion.  So, might as well bomb GVs.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2022, 09:30:21 AM »
Getting dragged to a wirble is fair though for someone who bombs as many GV's as you do sir!

Some would say you have it coming
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2022, 12:14:06 PM »
Yes.  :noid

You do?  That is news to me.  :headscratch:  I'm not be sarcastic or anything.  I wonder when this started because I honestly do not remember it being a thing.

Where is the Snail when you need him? :uhoh
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2022, 01:13:28 PM »
You do?  That is news to me.  :headscratch:  I'm not be sarcastic or anything.  I wonder when this started because I honestly do not remember it being a thing.
No you don't.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2022, 01:22:59 PM »
Do you get points for kills in a ground gun?

:rock

Yes.  :noid

Players in manned guns (37mm, 88s & the occasional 17lbs ers) do not receive any perks for shooting down Planes or Gv's.

You will get perks when using GV guns - Whirble, Ostwind, M16, Jeep, M3 etc and when main gunning.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2022, 03:00:39 PM »
I end up on base defense a lot. Good little fights sometimes. Get 5 or six on a side fights that are fun.

But when the horde arrives with 10 or 15 attackers, defense is overwhelmed to the point that you can't get off the runway...

I get in a 37mm and give them hell.

I'm guilty... :rock
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Online Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2022, 03:52:50 PM »
What a bunch of sandy-lady-parts-whiners...

A single fighter can de-ack an entire v-base or small field. Who cares if you get kills on guns or not. As a player who happily jumps in the guns to kill vulchers I honestly don't give a damn. And to those guys that can nail me in an 88 I salute you, honestly an 88 kills I get are luck - figuring out a firing solutions beyond 5k is black magic to me.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2022, 05:50:09 PM »
Chatlog: TheJudge Shot Down Simon
Chatlog: unsolicited comment on ch200 from manned gun hero

At least put the manned gun kills in pink or something.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2022, 06:07:15 PM »
Players in manned guns (37mm, 88s & the occasional 17lbs ers) do not receive any perks for shooting down Planes or Gv's.

You will get perks when using GV guns - Whirble, Ostwind, M16, Jeep, M3 etc and when main gunning.

OHHHHHHHHH that makes a lot more sense.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2022, 06:39:04 AM »
Cue single handedly defended a base in an 88 with super human accuracy last night...tired of dying in a plane I guess

So much fun miles out and getting popped so I can start the exciting ride back to base...

Ruining the game imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2022, 06:57:23 AM »
Currently. The #2 and #3 top killers this month are the ship/field gunners and Wirble. #1 killer is the T34. This is a lazy point and shoot game now. Spending 8 minutes to fly to a base or 20 minutes to bomb, only to get plucked out of the sky instantly by a gunner or wirble, is probably why so many fighter enthusiasts have left the game. It's just not worth the time to play Microsoft flight sim flying back to a field only to die instantly again. This is part of the problem with bases being so far away. Instead of rolling from a back field to defend. They get in a gunner or wirble and take the easy lazy way out. This isn't an air combat game anymore its a tank ground combat game with planes being the support.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2022, 08:55:14 AM »
Those gunners get kills when folks attack the base and die....  even if they never fire a shot. Some just sit in a gun while away from the game.

Stay away from fields and don't let your cartoon pilot die. You can fly in and maneuver. . It makes it harder for them to hit you. You can do what we used to do..... fly to an enemy base and see how many times you can fly inverted through their hanger before one tags you.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)