Author Topic: Posting film and pictures  (Read 940 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Posting film and pictures
« on: June 04, 2022, 05:00:14 PM »
For those who have asked, there is a way to upload ahf films and pictures without an external file host. I don't know if this is officially HTC-approved, but since the Dale-God entity appears to have ascended to a higher plane, let's run with it until we get struck down leaving only a smoking pair of brogues, which I'm sure we all wear when flying.

If you reply to this message you can see a "+ Attachments and other options" thingie below the white text window. Clicking on the + expands a menu and underneath 'Attach:' there's a choose file option with the traditional system search. I think there is a films folder in the Aces High game directory where your ahf films get recorded to. Allowable file size should accommodate any sensible ahf film.

Not all of the AH sub-forums allow the upload of attachments, but there is a workaround. In this thread:-

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,404990.0.html

Which is in Films and Screenshots, I upload pictures especially when I wan't to troll Zack1234 but that's usually in The O' Club. If you upload pictures in that ignore thread, you can right click on the little paper clip on the far left of the title and copy. You'll get a link like this:-

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=404990.0;attach=35465

If I click on that with my system (non-standard) then the file downloads. To display it, look above the emoticons, second down on the far left is a picture icon. Hover your mouse over it and it'll say 'insert image'. If you click on that you'll get these tags inserted into your text:-

[.img][/img]

if you paste your image link in between the ][ brackets you can see your picture in the preview and when you click post. Further, you can add additional formatting instructions. I normally do this:

[.center][.img width=500]https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=404990.0;attach=35465[/img][/center]

In order to get that^ to display I had to put tiny dots in there to knobble the code, but you get the idea. That centres the image and suggests a width like this:-

Here I made the width perameter 200:-

I hope that's clear enough to follow. Just have a try and click preview to check the syntax and ensure you've got the correct image.

:salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: Posting film and pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 05:12:52 PM »
Thanks !!
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 10:12:53 AM »
This works like a charm.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 10:14:46 AM by 8thJinx »

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 10:41:04 AM »
Let me see....
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 12:39:14 PM »
Let me see....

What you missed there Mr. Decoy was right-clicking on the paper clip and getting the link, and then wrapping it in the image tags:

[.img]https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=405380.0;attach=35473[/img]

centring:

[.center][.img]https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=405380.0;attach=35473[/img][/center]

Centring and setting the width to 400:

[.center][.img width=400]https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=405380.0;attach=35473[/img][/center]

Hope this comes in handy the next time a mass troll of Zack is necessary  :banana:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 01:24:07 PM »
Have the instruction link on my phones desktop. Good stuff, thanks !!
nopoop

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 02:37:59 PM »
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 02:39:45 PM »
Much better.  I don't have any films worthy of showing other people, unless they want to see me die painfully and often, but I think I've got it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 03:13:00 PM »
Much better.  I don't have any films worthy of showing other people, unless they want to see me die painfully and often, but I think I've got it.

Films need not be victory filled brag stuff. Dying well is just as heroically epic. :)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 04:49:57 PM »
Decoy NICE horse.  My daughter just bought her forth  :D
nopoop

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 06:53:11 PM »
Decoy NICE horse.  My daughter just bought her forth  :D

I bought that gelding in 2010, when he was six months old.  I raised him and broke him to ride and he is the only horse I've ever had that's not for sale.  When I was diagnosed with cancer, he was the last horse I rode before I had my surgery.  That was June 18th, 2017.  This was my second ride on him since then, on May 14th, 2022.  Never a problem.

I always say, "Teach your kids to love horses and they'll never have enough money for drugs."

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2022, 02:13:13 PM »
You speak the truth. Bought my daughter a horse when she was 14. Both daughters did highschool going to the local ranch to ride instead of...

Oldest has 5 kids and with 4 horses. Her kids will have the childhood she had. My youngest wants a cow  ;)
nopoop

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2022, 05:07:08 AM »
You speak the truth. Bought my daughter a horse when she was 14. Both daughters did highschool going to the local ranch to ride instead of...

Oldest has 5 kids and with 4 horses. Her kids will have the childhood she had. My youngest wants a cow  ;)
EH?....BEEF! It's what for dinner? :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain