Author Topic: As you guys know...  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Gogolinius

• Zinc Member
Re: As you guys know...
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2022, 12:27:44 PM »
Plus Gogo.... You have to tolerate me. I'm a baby boomer.

I forgot to mention that I look especially hot today. Cool my hair put a little makeup on it and I'm wearing a cool black T-shirt. I mean I really look dynomite!

🐒

If you have nothing good to say about scrapple, then say nothing at all.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2022, 12:31:47 PM »
Fast food workers earn every penny they make. What a horrible job.

Yeah, it used to be mostly students still living at home who would work these jobs, but for some reason millennials have chosen to make fast food their career instead of taking higher paying jobs ...
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2022, 12:32:55 PM »
I know what you mean Geeg, it's the SAME thing as when some idjit puts a PICKLE on my sammich. Utterly pollutes the whole thing. (And that's AFTER they invariably put the french fry container in the bag upside down
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2022, 01:54:14 PM »
Yeah, it used to be mostly students still living at home who would work these jobs, but for some reason millennials have chosen to make fast food their career instead of taking higher paying jobs ...

that's the biggest lie right there. students had to go to school  and you had to get a work permit and c average. no permit no work. and you couldn't work during school hours. and during the school week you were limited to 4 hours and couldn't work past 8 pm. weekend you could do 8 and up to 10 if over 16. you had to stop at 10 Sundays at 8. and you could only work 5 days a week.

but I never saw any fast food closed in the mornings because students couldn't work.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2022, 02:31:51 PM »
When a service tech for Tired Rundown and Weary in CA once stopped at Jack-in-the-Box and I forgot what sammich I ordered but it came with an iron supplement. There was a nut grilled or fried to the meat portion of the sammich.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2022, 02:44:45 PM »

that's the biggest lie right there. students had to go to school  and you had to get a work permit and c average. no permit no work. and you couldn't work during school hours. and during the school week you were limited to 4 hours and couldn't work past 8 pm. weekend you could do 8 and up to 10 if over 16. you had to stop at 10 Sundays at 8. and you could only work 5 days a week.

but I never saw any fast food closed in the mornings because students couldn't work.

semp

Not a lie at all.  Same with grocery baggers.  These are entry level jobs, not meant to be career positions.  The only reason I could see anyone much older than a teenager working one would be because it is a second job that fits their schedule, or possibly because of a disability.  There are far too many jobs paying much more and require little to no experience. 

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2022, 02:49:37 PM »
When a service tech for Tired Rundown and Weary in CA once stopped at Jack-in-the-Box and I forgot what sammich I ordered but it came with an iron supplement. There was a nut grilled or fried to the meat portion of the sammich.

I broke a tooth a few weeks ago, I wanted to kill the stupid cook. there was a rock in the chili beans. had to had a beer to calm down. I did scream a few words at him

I was the cook.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2022, 03:23:34 PM »
Not a lie at all.  Same with grocery baggers.  These are entry level jobs, not meant to be career positions.  The only reason I could see anyone much older than a teenager working one would be because it is a second job that fits their schedule, or possibly because of a disability.  There are far too many jobs paying much more and require little to no experience.

this post contradict your used to be mostly students.

semp

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2022, 03:45:20 PM »
this post contradict your used to be mostly students.

semp

Actually, I'm just refusing to get pulled into the weeds on this one as EVERYONE knows that these jobs were traditionally done by mostly teenagers.  That has begun to change over the last 10 years was my point.       

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2022, 03:46:28 PM »
Actually, I'm just refusing to get pulled into the weeds on this one as EVERYONE knows that these jobs were traditionally done by mostly teenagers.  That has begun to change over the last 10 years was my point.       
Lots has changed in the economic landscape in the last 10-15 years. This is just one piece to that puzzle.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2022, 03:54:04 PM »
Some are confused with minimum wage and liveable wage as they think they are the same

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2022, 04:30:29 PM »
I am highly intelligent, likable and extremely talented. I also have a lot of compassion for people.

But today was almost too much for me. I went to McDonald's and ordered a sausage McMuffin combination.

Intelligent person should have gone to some place selling food.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2022, 04:37:18 PM »

Why has it changed?

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2022, 06:29:06 PM »
Why has it changed?

You tell me.  There are $20.+ /hr. start jobs everywhere for the unskilled, yet you see 20 and 30 somethings everywhere settling for the type jobs mentioned above.  One guess would be motivation.  When mom still washes your clothes, a 40 hr. work week becomes less of a priority.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2022, 06:59:12 PM »
I watched a 20 something at a register in the gas station unable to do simple math like calculate change from a dollar. He had to use his fingers and still couldnt figure it out because he messed up when trying to calculate the total of the purchase on the register. Had to use a calculator to do it for him.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women