Author Topic: Rising gas prices in the Los Angeles area  (Read 4266 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Rising gas prices in the Los Angeles area
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2022, 03:35:52 AM »
it isn't that tc, what bugs me is some states keep taxes low, cheap gas, you know things like that. instead of raising  taxes or gas tax a bit, they keep it low.  because some states depend 40 percent of their budget on federal government.

and guess where that money comes from, mostly blue states,  plus texas and Florida.

and it's the attitude of look how well we are doing while let's say California is drowning in taxes. which the part of we doing great is a lie.

and while it's true that here we get money from the feds, we get 1 buck for every 3 we send.

like now Florida needs help big time. but a couple of years ago their senators voted against help in blue states.  and I'm for Florida and the other states to get all the help they need.

semp

I think every state,  should have it in there state constitution,  to where the state has to balance it's budget every year...straight up

I really don't care for the way common wealth states operate....

Well,  I've been sitting in the car with my Dog for aboutanhour...since my power has been out since before 6pm yesterday evening...trying not to use the propane for the backup power 🙃 😅...saving for worse/winter time...I  got 6 12v outlets recharging multiple devices and fixing to head to my Sister's place, and just talked her into cooking me a  good old fashioned country breakfast 🤣 😂 🤣 😂  got to love her!   

Damn Ian and what was left of it came directly up across where I live....hahaha yea for me...more tree limbs to saw up and yard clean up....

Hope all have a blessed wonderful day!

TC / Johnny
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2022, 05:11:31 AM »
Corporate income tax by far and away the largest source of where Fed Govt gets $ (aside from printing it).
  - but of course, semp, you pay more than those large businesses and mega resort owners do, as you’ve said.

Before some get their skivvies all up in their craw, if you own stocks, mutual funds (shares) or have a 401k, then those unfair “tax breaks” help those corporations profit margins, you’re benefiting, see?
  - I don’t think this is the best economic policy (btw), however it is the one we have.

Please cite/source your claim that “some states” gets 40% of their entire budget from the Fed Govt.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 05:13:41 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2022, 05:58:08 AM »
you know what's funny, you guys depend on federal aid. if it wasn't for that,  your gas would cost more than b here.

so next time you talk about california polices, make sure your state actually pay your own way :cheers:

semp
I LIVE in VA, work all over the SE US, VA prices are even lower. Dragged camper from Roanoke to Sacramento and back last fall. ALL gas west of Cheyenne was .75 to $1.50/gallon more than back east, (highest in CA of course) have no idea why, other than logistical costs mebbe
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2022, 06:15:05 AM »
I LIVE in VA

Hey bj, I forgot what part of VA you live in.... how close are you to Carroll County/ Lambsburg, VA,?

That is where my family's old homestead/ property is... own one side of the mountain and  on my Mom's side of the family owns the other side.... my great uncle up closer to Roanoke owns around 30 or so horses...and a cousin of mine nw of Dobson,NC raises/breeds and has around 40...

Why I typed all that I have not a clue.... I  was just curious if you were going to be doing any deer hunting,  heh...

TC  / Johnny
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2022, 07:00:24 AM »
It's robbing Peter to pay Paul..

The states nor the fed have any money folks...how can they as they continue to spend billions they don't have..we are worse than flat broke.

Psst..it's what has now gotten us record inflation and soon a nice fat recession

Sadly it looks all planned as no one can be so ignorant as not to know this would not happen

Might not count but you might want to vote in just over a month to correct course..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2022, 08:55:51 AM »
I don't understand how people think we need more taxes. The government will NEVER have enough of our money.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2022, 09:07:07 AM »
I done posted my thoughts about all of this on my Facebook...iirc it was posted openly to the public and it's written in the Bill of Rights/ U S Constitution

And as one of our forefathers said "it's up to the people to try and keep it"

Probably done posted to much in this thread already to cause it to be locked...

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2022, 09:17:16 AM »
Strategic oil reserve was misused.   

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2022, 09:48:00 AM »
Hey bj, I forgot what part of VA you live in.... how close are you to Carroll County/ Lambsburg, VA,?

That is where my family's old homestead/ property is... own one side of the mountain and  on my Mom's side of the family owns the other side.... my great uncle up closer to Roanoke owns around 30 or so horses...and a cousin of mine nw of Dobson,NC raises/breeds and has around 40...

Why I typed all that I have not a clue.... I  was just curious if you were going to be doing any deer hunting,  heh...

TC  / Johnny
I live in beautiful downtown Bent Mountain, about an hour NE of Hillsville. I suppose I could hunt deer in the backyard from the kitchen window, racket would scare the dogs tho. I drive thru Hillsville to points south and west nearly every week, not sure where Lambsburg is tho
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2022, 01:54:31 PM »
It's robbing Peter to pay Paul..

The states nor the fed have any money folks...how can they as they continue to spend billions they don't have..we are worse than flat broke.

Psst..it's what has now gotten us record inflation and soon a nice fat recession

Sadly it looks all planned as no one can be so ignorant as not to know this would not happen

Might not count but you might want to vote in just over a month to correct course..

Eagler

The diasaster of 2020 caused the mess the world is in today. Guess you never took Economics in school.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2022, 02:09:33 PM »
State taxes do not go to the federal government. So federal aid comes from income tax mostly.

California sucks our money like a vampire and gives it to low-life chumps and illegal aliens..

And it's still a big crap hole and getting worse.

what's your state rate, last year I worked still paid less taxes than most of the south.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2022, 02:15:47 PM »
what's your state rate, last year I worked still paid less taxes than most of the south.

semp
and just when was that?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2022, 03:00:46 PM »
and just when was that?

you know when you send less money than if I lived in north  Carolina..

semp

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2022, 04:00:14 PM »
last year I worked

semp
and just when was that

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2022, 04:50:39 PM »
and just when was that

knordim, where have you been I missed your

semp