Author Topic: So who counts the pills when you get a prescription filled?  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
Re: So who counts the pills when you get a prescription filled?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2022, 02:18:11 PM »
my pharmacist is great,he waves the dispense fee,will call in for a refill and even hands me a few to get by if there’s a delay.

But he has a good reason for doing this,he gets a large sum from my drug plan every month and I never call in for an early refill.

That's all standard.

I'm fighting an infection right now and the doc prescribed 1 pill/day, for 6 weeks. I just found they only gave me 30 pills.

That's on your insurance company most likely, but it would have been nice of them to let you know when you picked it up.  Most plans only cover a one or three month supply at a time depending on the drug.

To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2022, 04:07:11 PM »
That's all standard.

That's on your insurance company most likely, but it would have been nice of them to let you know when you picked it up.  Most plans only cover a one or three month supply at a time depending on the drug.

Yup, my point was sometimes it’s just simple human error.

Not sure of the refs where you’re at but I was talking about a narcotic Rx.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2022, 06:41:17 PM »
So who counts the pills when you get a prescription filled?
I do. On a whim a while back I started  to and noticed a shortage so I started doing it regularly.
Last prescription I got filled was 1 short. No big deal and I skipped a day. I got one filled today and only got 20 of 30 pills. They corrected it and I mentioned the shortage last time as it was twice in a row.

Want to know why this happens.  Pharmacy 'techs' the people who are responsible for counting the pills are pocketing them and selling them on the black market because most people do not count their pills so it's easy money. 

My ex got fired for pulling that toejam (thankfully after we split up.  If I'd known about it when we were together I'd have lost my mind)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2022, 02:56:47 PM »

I get three months supply for everything else including syringes and insulin.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2022, 12:45:20 AM »
New perscritions are usually 30 pills and not 90 pills as the medication and/or the dosage might have to be changed.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2022, 04:04:44 AM »
I get three months supply for everything else including syringes and insulin.

Then it's probably due to that being sort of an unusually long course of antibiotics.  You can often get stuff like that approved with a phone call to the insurance company, but if it's something generic and you have a really low copay it might not be worth the hassle.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH