Author Topic: WW2 Soviet aviation ?  (Read 2491 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: WW2 Soviet aviation ?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2022, 07:46:55 PM »
Projection of adoration indicates that your opinion, regarding my use of it in this case, has a degree of emotional drive. I indicated no such thing and merely offered it as an easily accessed source. As I've said various sources differ in opinion (and I'll be glad to add accuracy). As such, I try taking them all with a grain of salt. No attempt was made to bruise the professional sensibilities of a fellow historian.  :cheers:

You have spammed their videos all over this board, I interpret that as adoration. If I am wrong, I beg your forgiveness.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2022, 07:50:21 PM »
Sorry, but that disclaimer is BS when he uses footage of a completely different aircraft than what's being discussed. I can overlook using a Yak-3 in the Yak-9 video since they're both Yaks that are similar looking, but I won't forgive using footage of totally unrelated material to the subject at hand. (I wish I could remember the specific instance that set me off a few months ago but it was essentially the equivalent of showing a P-51 on screen while the narration is going over the demands of landing on an aircraft carrier) Not even close to relevant. It demonstrates a lack of knowledge on the subject matter and a lack of care in producing a video of any educational value. If he misses the basic stuff, what else did he get wrong?

I often make numerous nitpicks on the same thing I see on the Smithsonian Channel (and it pained me to see their name associated with such) but my loving wife gently assured me that when my material is finally shown on that channel perhaps I'll be able to correct their gross incompetency. That's usually a hint that we should change the channel. :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2022, 07:50:58 PM »
You have spammed their videos all over this board, I interpret that as adoration. If I am wrong, I beg your forgiveness.

Forgiveness given.  :)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2022, 07:59:13 PM »
Forgiveness given.  :)

Cool, stop spreading that garbage if you take it with a grain of salt. It is not horrible for a very questionable overview, but it is  drivel for the aviation history buff, which I consider most people on the board to be.

Or keep spamming it. :shrug
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2022, 08:04:33 PM »
Thanks for your opinion/recommendation. I'm looking forward to you 'spamming' us with superior material. Seriously. I'm sure most all of us will appreciate it. I know I will.  :)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2022, 08:22:43 PM »
Thanks for your opinion/recommendation. I'm looking forward to you 'spamming' us with superior material. Seriously. I'm sure most all of us will appreciate it. I know I will.  :)

You are right, I won't be providing superior material. Keep doing you, broseph  :aok
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2022, 08:44:13 PM »
You are right, I won't be providing superior material. Keep doing you, broseph  :aok

Broseph? Huh. Youth these days.  :aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2022, 07:27:28 AM »
I think 25 years ago most of the folks who played this game were like me---kids of the WW2 generation, mebbe sons of WW2 pilots. Younger folks don't see the fascination we saw with it
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2022, 02:56:18 PM »
Broseph? Huh. Youth these days.  :aok

Broseph is pretty old, from my college days.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2022, 03:01:33 PM »
Broseph is pretty old, from my college days.

My college days are more recent than yours (though my age is likely older than you). The word has no real meaning to me. *ShruG* Your interaction with me, at this point, seems fruitless.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2022, 03:03:58 PM »
My college days are more recent than yours (though my age is likely older than you). The word has no real meaning to me. *ShruG* Your interaction with me, at this point, seems fruitless.

As is the majority of yours but that doesn't slow you down

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2022, 03:05:36 PM »
As is the majority of yours but that doesn't slow you down

Feel free to butt in and show me your feelings.  :)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2022, 03:09:45 PM »
I don't really care. I was just commenting on how poor the content was, scholastically. Keep posting videos from the channel, free to do what you want, of course.  :cheers:
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2022, 03:13:15 PM »
I don't really care. I was just commenting on how poor the content was, scholastically. Keep posting videos from the channel, free to do what you want, of course.  :cheers:

1. Thanks for your permission but not needed.

2. Not caring and just commenting on how you don't like the content is fine, I suppose. Endlessly droning on about it gets kinda old.

Take care and thank you for your professionalism. :)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2022, 03:33:14 PM »
A great book on the P-39 use by the Soviets.  It also gives a good idea of how they used fighters in general:

Attack of the Airacobras: Soviet Aces, American P-39s, and the Air War Against Germany, by D. F. Loza