Author Topic: How to defend vs higher nublet  (Read 374 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
How to defend vs higher nublet
« on: October 19, 2022, 02:50:11 PM »
Here are 3 boring films showing how to defend vs a higher nublet that won't commit despite having all the advantages and is given 3 freebie proxies for their (lack of) effort.

Pay close attention to the text, lol.

For bonus amusement, here's an awkward brag attempt.

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: How to defend vs higher nublet
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 01:53:22 PM »
Apparently, there's mounting evidence from psychological research that some people are genetically predisposed to loss-aversion[1] (as the scientists call it) which in layman's terms suggests there are people in our midst who literally cannot stand to lose to the very core of their being! To the tune of avoiding any situation which offers a domain of reduced extenuating circumstances to which can be attached the reasons for their losses. Such people experience extreme frustration, rage (including quitting), and deep feelings of injustice and deficiency when confronted with a 'fair contest' in which they do not prevail. Therefore they often move-the-goalposts of winning and losing, subjectively. Some even construct elaborate distortions of reality to soothe a loss or reconstruct the chain of events in which the fantasy outcome should have happened and externalizing why it didn't. What qualifies as a 'win' in their minds can often be somewhat shorter of what 'normal'* people consider to qualify.

I'm sure we can all think of players who this might apply to. I'm starting to think those who are decidedly anti-duelling for whatever reasons: they consider it boring, duels are supposed to be friendly training exercises, they find the excitement of multi-plane engagements more worthy of their 'talents' (<- a favourite of systematic pickers in my experience), etc. - are possible candidates for this condition.

Look on the bright-side thank flipperty-gibbert you aren't one of them and don't give a rat's-arse about losses. Not only are you having a far more pleasant and less-anxious and self-confrontational time, it's more likely - in conjunction with good focus and curiosity - to improve your game and or contribute to personal growth.

You can read the paper here if you have the means -

[1] Voigt, G., Montag, C., Markett, S. and Reuter, M., 2015. On the genetics of loss aversion: An interaction effect of BDNF Val66Met and DRD2/ANKK1 Taq1a. Behavioral neuroscience, 129(6), p.801.

* There is no actual normal, that's just a cultural / industrial convenience.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234