Author Topic: Need Help with VR Oculus Quest 2  (Read 585 times)

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
Need Help with VR Oculus Quest 2
« on: March 31, 2023, 11:56:12 AM »
 I am having a rough time getting VR going.

Surprised there is not a sticky thread to help new and older players get up and running in VR.

So far the link cable gave me a devil of a time. Just sat for a hour after downloading the Oculus Quest 2 software on pc  trying to figure out if Best Buy sold me a bad Link Cable. I have a usb 3 on my X570 Crosshair Hero motherboard that my computer would not recognize but managed to disable my sound in the process. After a good amount of time I finally plugged it into my graphics card (2080ti) usb 3 slot and it was recognized. Continued the setup. Now I launch Dx11aceshigh on my pc and I am not prompted to switch to VR.

Where do I go from here?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Need Help with VR Oculus Quest 2
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 04:55:29 AM »
 :furious  The Quest2 was simply plug and play, for me? BEFORE META!!!!!!!!   I did know USB3s were required, so there is that :old:   I am running same, GPU Card.    OKAY FACEBOOK(hate that APP), you went "META"?   Hmm....seems for me, Starting AH through OCULUS Library fixed that for me.  GRRR...I support FaceBook!!!!   Once you go VR, there is no going back..so excrement(lol)! I am still on my 3rd Rift/Rift2 and holding the Quest in reserve x 4.  IYKYN lol  I will retrieve a Quest from my Safe...lol...and see if any changes I notice :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 08:29:18 AM »
In my case, I start "Voice Attack"  (software to use voice commands)

then start my headset.

in the headset I open the "quick settings" (click on the clock on the lower left panel)

enable link by clicking on the right box. This opens a screen where I can click on the AH icon I have, or you can click on the "desktop button " to click on the AH icon on your desktop.

Click ok when the "use oculus" window pops up and it loads AH for me.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 08:52:24 AM »
Quest 2 comes with a neat function called Airlink. If you have a 5G capable router you can connect without a cable and stream the headset using the wifi connection. No cables, about 2 hours battery life, give or take. Worth having a look at. There will be plenty of tutorials online for how to set it up.

If you start your headset and select Aces High using the virtual desktop interface it should prompt you to start the game in VR.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2023, 01:49:49 PM »
 I ended up figuring it out. I found the desktop in quick setting. Thank you for the help. Not very familiar yet with all the accessories.

Adding pedals and vr at the same time sent my brain into overload. Add in not playing for many years.

Wow, I can see the immersion and benefit of VR. Pretty awesome.

How do you guys have your views set up for the rear as that is a problem with the headrest of the seat? Do you just set your normals views to stick and fly from the front only using VR from 3 to 9? I would really like to enjoy/like using VR in the most proficient way.

I could only fly for about 30 mins on my first go and started feeling motion sickness which I have never experienced before. Had to lay down for 5 mins. I won’t give up easily.

After getting used to it is your SA better or worse in general? I can see it helping in closer ranges but losing the larger “mental picture”.

Having to go through the whole stick mapping again was a bummer.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 02:03:08 PM by Prayer »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2023, 02:47:46 PM »
I take my headset off and set the rear view futher back and save it

Then with the headset on your 6 view is set further back and you can see around the headrest..well for the 109s anyway

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2023, 04:39:12 PM »
Good stuff, thanks Eagler

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2023, 05:42:02 PM »
fan blowing on your face will help with the nausea.