Author Topic: Scotch thread  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Re: Scotch thread
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2022, 01:15:52 AM »
Bourbon is good whiskey also and I find that as a general rule, the higher the % of corn mash the better I like it.

That said, Rabbit Hole is tasty as is Angel's Envy. Jefferson's Reserve is good stuff.

Angel's Envy Rye? I'd beat up my own mother for a bottle of that stuff. Whistle Pig is another rye whiskey that is quite tasty. The Angel's Envy stuff is kinda pricey but Whistle Pig has some pretty affordable options as well as higher end stuff.

Of course anyone is allowed to join the ranks of the heathens in this world. <looks at Busher>
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2022, 07:17:42 AM »
If you can find a bottle of Arbeg 'Ard Core, get it. Pricey but ohhhhh, so smooth after the first 3 or 4 sips.
Good stuff to be sure, trying to weigh out cost tho--was drinking a $20+ fifth of the Bird Dog every 2-3 days, regular Ardbeg like $65 a (litre?) Wee Beastie (5 year old, instead of 12) is near $50, has to last the whole week on the road. May yet settle in on Beastie
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2022, 07:43:59 AM »
Good stuff

I'm not sure...but in your location,  just like mine...you should be able to have access to some great tasting moonshine and/ or brandy 😋....

Here in NC, we are legally allowed to have a still as long as it can not produce over 1 gallon at a time

For medicinal purposes
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2022, 10:34:26 AM »
Lol we have some, I live about 5 miles from the Franklin county border (The same county of the movie "Lawless") I really can't drink that stuff

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2022, 01:46:58 PM »
Lol we have some, I live about 5 miles from the Franklin county border (The same county of the movie "Lawless") I really can't drink that stuff

Is why I included the brandy... like people hear  "Apple Pie" moonshine...that ain't Brandy and I hate it

But then there is Apple Brandy 🍎 90-95 proof that goes down smooth as honey ( or 🍑 or blackberry  etc)....knowing how to make it or having connections to some quality topshelf homemade stuff is wonderful.... same goes for moonshine as well.... you can get ahold of some 115 to 120 proof and it sucks to high heaven....then you can get some different but same proof and is excellent

I've been around it damn near all my life and....well I've said enough already  😉

😆
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2022, 10:32:31 AM »
My Grandpa (Papa) was taking me around different places/ stills etc at 10 years old, and had me taking snorts of moonshine by 12 years ..by the time I was 14(almost 15) I was bootlegging from Wilkesboro to Wadesboro and all over until I went in the Navy at 16

Living wide open running like a wild horse 🐎

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2022, 06:30:36 AM »
Haven't gotten into the Scotch game yet. Interesting that the younger generations don't drink Scotch really. I guess I'm saving it until I get older or something.

I've been drinking the 1792 lately. Really smooth taste for me. Only thing I am wondering though is why there are in such a shortage. I cannot find it anywhere now and all the cashiers have no idea why there is a shortage of 1972. Does anyone here know by chance?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2022, 07:53:13 PM »
Bourbon all the way. 1792 is great, I have a special 6 barrel blend that was made especially for my county.

1792 fifths are less plentiful than the handle. Sadly, the cat is out of the bag and whiskeyfiles are realizing how good 1792 is for a $40 bottle. It will have the same fate as Jefferson's soon.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2022, 08:47:12 PM »
Bourbon all the way. 1792 is great, I have a special 6 barrel blend that was made especially for my county.

1792 fifths are less plentiful than the handle. Sadly, the cat is out of the bag and whiskeyfiles are realizing how good 1792 is for a $40 bottle. It will have the same fate as Jefferson's soon.

You haven’t truly lived unless you get ahold of this swill when 16, pound the bottle, and spend the day puking while telling your parents you had food poisoning

Chuikov

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2022, 12:28:50 AM »

You haven’t truly lived unless you get ahold of this swill when 16, pound the bottle, and spend the day puking while telling your parents you had food poisoning

Heathen...
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2022, 12:30:18 AM »

Blanton's stomps on your 1792 and grinds it under it's heel. ;)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2022, 03:30:02 AM »
I live in VA,, check the state-run liquor store every time I go there for Blanton's, haven't seen it since Christmas two years ago

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2022, 07:32:11 PM »

That is cool! Is that because you are in the same state as them? Funny you say that because i was joking about that exact same reason to the cashier. Aparently they wont tell management whats going on. At Winn Dixie I can get it for $27. I'm glad that it's considered good though  :aok
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2022, 08:09:01 PM »
John Barr Reserve Blended Scotch. I find it very similar to Johnny Walker Black and half the cost. You may have to do some searching to procure it.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2022, 02:44:00 PM »
Blanton's stomps on your 1792 and grinds it under it's heel. ;)

Obviously, but the topic I replied to was Violator asking about 1792.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com